No Kisses For Me?

Aurelie's P.O.V.
I stared at Nicos in shock as he began to storm out the cabin. His accusations threw me off. In an attempt to stop him I teleported in front of the doorway.

He slowed his steps and motioned for me to move out of the way. Ignoring him I began to make my statement. "I've never killed anyone-- in my life" I said through gritted teeth.

"Not in this life, but don't forget your not the first ruler of the supernatural" he said shoving me out of the way. "So the hybrids want to kill me for something a past me did" I said following him into the night.

"Yes, and you might want to stay here with Annie" he said. "She will be fine-- like you said" I stated. "Her name was Amora" he said walking toward the road.

"Tell me more" I said shuffling behind him. "She was young and pretty like you" he stated. "Um-- okay but I meant tell me about the killing" I said as a soft pink color rushed to my cheeks.

"Long story short she killed the first hybrid also known as our leader" he said to me. "Well I have nothing to do with that" I said.

"But you do-- every time a goddess dies a piece of them is left in the next chosen one" he said walking back toward the cabin. I followed him in confusion as I tried to understand the story.

"Okay -- so there is some Amora in me, but I didn't kill the first hybrid" I said as we entered the cabin. "Well every hybrid is under the impression you did" he said taking a seat on the sofa.

"Even you" I whispered. "Well I guess I am the exception because I know you would never kill someone" he said. "But-- I would" I stated seriously. He ignored my comment and smiled.

"I would-- I was going to kill Mason's brother" I said my hands balling into fists. "No you weren't I was-- I always kill people for you" he said. "Only because you won't let me-- and their not people" I said nervously.

"Your not ready to kill anyone and we were people at a time" he stated. "See this is why I ran away-- you always think you know what I can and can't do" I said walking toward the sofa.

"Well I do-- I've seen the Supernatural Goddesses murdered for centuries now and I just wanted to help" he said coming face to face with me. "What do you mean murdered" I asked?

"Every time the Goddess is reborn the hybrids kill her-- this cycle has been going on for thousands of years and it was dumb of me to think I could stop it" he said walking toward the door.

"No don't leave-- I'm sorry" I said pulling his arm. "I've already tried everything I can-- betrayed my people, my family-- and now I have to lose you" he said his eyes sparkling in the night. "You can break the pattern-- just don't leave me" I begged tears forming in my eyes.

After a long talk of convincing Nicos to stay I finally felt safe again. Without him I wouldn't even have the power I do today. And I should've realized that along time ago.

Annie woke up at the crack of dawn, luckily the theory of vampires burning in the sun was just a myth. She claimed the last thing she remembered was playing hide and seek.

Which was good because I didn't feel like explaining another attack from the hybrids. I wasn't sure where Mason was but Nicos promised he would be back soon.

I still didn't fully trust him but Nicos said he was genuine. Our man hunt for Ethan, Manson's psycho brother had come to an end. Nicos believes we should train every second of everyday and just let him find us.

So instead of nursing Annie back to health Nicos pulled me into the deep forest at the early time of 6 am. I was a little groggy and sleep deprived but I was ready to acquire some of my new abilities.

"So what are we doing today" I asked as Nicos studied the ground. As usual I was ignored as he searched for something way more interesting than me. "If you're going to ignore me all day, I'll just go back with Annie" I stated.

"I'm looking for the body" he said finally responded. "What-- body" I said to him. "The fake pizza delivery guy-- I know I ripped his heart out somewhere around here" he said moving deeper into the woods.

"You-- ripped his heart out" I said. "Yes I do monstrous things for the ones I love" he said rather close to me. I didn't respond but we were so close I could feel his breath on my neck.

I attempted to move away but bumped into a tree. I'd never felt so stuck ever in my life. He finally moved and used his super speed and vanished. "I'll stay here" I whispered leaning onto the pine tree for support.

Several minutes later my feet became rather weak and I slid down the tree to meet the ground. I was placing my hands in dirt when I came upon a finger. It was in covered blood and had a gold ring wrapped around it.

I wasn't even shocked at this point in my life. "Nicos" I yelled out. He was there before I could even close my mouth. "What is it" he said his eyes scanning the perimeter.

"I'm fine-- but did you cut off the guys finger by any chance" I asked sarcastically. "Maybe" he said reaching his hand out to me. I grabbed onto it and he lifted me up pulling me to his waist.

His hand wrapped around the small of my back and the other around my neck. For a second I thought we might kiss but he just stared at me for what seemed like eternity.

"His finger-- it's on the ground" I said waiting for his arms to release me. But he didn't. "Nicos-- are you going to kiss me" I asked softly? "No" he said dropping his arms that held me.

"What do you mean no" I said angrily. "They must have came back to get his body" he said ignoring me and picking up the battered finger.

But instead of replying I pushed him up against the pine tree. He and I both stood there surprised because I had never overpowered him before.

A smirked appeared on his face and mine turned a bright red. "Would you like a kiss" he said grabbing my hand. "I-- don't know" I said resting my other hand on his shoulder.

"Well when you do let me know" he said walking back towards the cabin.