Return of Athena

Aurelie's P.O.V.

After embracing Nicos for about five minutes I finally released him. I was still confused and upset and wanted to know what happened to me. But I'd missed him, so I tried to push it to the back of my mind.

He looked at me his eyes sparkling with the same excitement as me. "I've got a lot of explaining to do" he said. He motioned for me to leave the basic bedroom. Once in the hallway we entered the room directly across from it.

The door opened with a load creak. The room was cold and smelt of cigars. Which I automatically knew was from Nicos, he loves his tobacco. "This room is empty" I stated. "She's coming, I don't just talk to myself" he said referring to the loud argument I had overhead.

The bathroom door opened and revealed Athena. "Athena" I squealed moving toward her for a hug. But when I embraced her something in between us stopped me. I looked down to see a little bump on her stomach.

It didn't take a genius to find out what was going on. "You're pregnant" I whispered. "That's why I haven't been around as much" she said. Of course I understood but I wouldn't be able to be around her. I made way out of the room to the hallway.

Nicos followed like he always does. "Hey, calm down" he stated. "I am calm, seeing pregnant people just brings back painful memories" I said. "I know I'm sorry-- I just thought you were ready" he said apologetically. "I should be" I said my words catching in my throat. "No it's only been what-- a year" he said to me.

"It will be in June" I said to him. He looked at me with pity which made my stomach turn. I was happy for Athena honestly. But when something so awful and traumatic happens to you-- you can never be the same.

And that's what happened to me unfortunately I lost my everything in a matter of moments. So I'm sorry that every time I see a pregnant woman I feel uneasy but it's not my fault.

Or so I tell myself everyday. I was 16 when my life turned around for the worst. I thought maybe things would work out. But after the miscarriage it was clear things wouldn't.