The Show Must Go On

Dracoly High School was one of the first schools to allow mutants and yokai to attend for education. This was where April and Sunita used to attend before going to college together. Baron Draxum still works there as a cafeteria chef. But not only serving lunch to humans. He's also serving lunch for the mutant and yokai teens attending the high school. It was night. Usually, the school would close around these hours after the club members had left school from their meetings. But tonight, there is a play going on. Parents and other guardians have gathered to the auditorium. Sitting on the chairs as they are waiting for the play to begin. Backstage, everyone is preparing for the play. The actors are practicing their lines while wearing their costumes. Shacora is wearing the prince costume.

Shacora: (groans) These costumes are a bit hot on me. Why does this play has to be Sleeping Beauty?!

Ashia (red fairy costume): It can't be helped, Cora. The drama club are the ones who do the plays.

Maddison (green fairy costume): Yeah! But this is so exciting! I always wanted to be in a play! But I don't wanna wear a dress though.

Popplio: But they did pick you as the green fairy. So you don't have much of a choice.

Maddison: Wish I have...

???: Everyone, gather around! I have something important to say!

They all gathered around a girl. This girl, Kenyatta Costello, is a member of the drama club and one of the popular kids at Dracoly High School. She's a bit snobbish and loves being the center of attention. But she does have a secret caring side that only appear in certain situations. Once everyone is gathered, she begins to speak.

Kenyatta: (clears her throat) As you know, tonight is our play of Sleeping Beauty! We've been working very hard on this for a week! So I hope everyone is ready to perform in front of a live audience! No screw-ups and don't break character onstage! You can do it off-stage but onstage. Understand?

They nod which makes her happy. But before she could say anything, another drama club member runs to her.

Girl: Kenya, we have a problem! A huge problem! The actress playing Aurora is sick!

Kenyatta: What?! Sick?!

They hear some vomiting sounds coming from the dressing room.

Kenyatta: Well this is just great! The play is ruined!

Shacora: Don't panic, Kenyatta. I may know someone who could help us.

Kenyatta: And who would that be? I would love to hear it.

Litten brings the phone to Cora. She dials a number and calls someone. After explaining the situation, the back door of the auditorium opens and Indulf appeared before them. Wearing a costume-made Aurora dress.

Indulf: Of course I'll be the lead role of Aurora. I always dreamed of performing on stage!

Kenyatta: Why him?

Cora shrugs her shoulders.

Indulf: Not to worry. I have already mesmerized all the lines. So no need to worry about me messing things up.

Kenyatta: You sure?

Indulf: Positive! Indulf's got this.

Kenyatta: Well it's better then nothing. PLACES PEOPLE! We have a play to show!

Everyone gets into their positions onstage. The curtain is pulled up. Leo, who is among the audience, starts to record.

Josephina: Do you have to record that?

Leo: This is very important. So yes. I have to record this moment of Indulf being in a play. It's so exciting!

Josephina: That is true... Just don't do anything embarrassing.

The play begins. During it, Indulf performs spectacularly. Much to the shock of Kenyatta who thought he wouldn't do it. At the end of play, everyone stands onstage and bows as the entire crowd stands up and clap their hands in praise.

Ashia: You did it, Indulf.

Maddison: You saved the play!

Indulf: Thank you... Thank you... My mother is an actress after all. (chuckles) I take a lot of skills from her.

Suddenly, Leo picks up his son and hugs him tightly.

Leo: That was an awesome performance! I'm so proud of you, my son!

Indulf: Of course you're proud of me, father. Good thing my mother taught me how to act like a professional.

Kenyatta: Since there has been no mishaps, let's go get something to eat to celebrate!

They all cheer and they leave to go somewhere to eat. Indulf joins them after Leo puts him down. The weredog hybrid was so happy that he begins to howl happily which an echo can be heard.