Prologue

Alex's POV

"Why should we have to put up with this filth!?" Samuel, a man with a small mind, shouted.

"Ashton is your Luna! You will respect him, or you will face the consequences!" I was totally fed up with the disrespect from my pack. I am extremely tired of them assuming that Ash was a bad Luna because of his species, and I was willing to force them to change.

"Fine then. I challenge you for alpha." My body was still extremely weak from the battles of a few weeks ago, but I was willing to fight for Ash's right as my soulmate. I under estimated my opponent a lot, and I eventually passed out from a hard hit to the head.

***

When I awoke, I was surrounded by Ash's scent. He explained the story of the defeat to me, and I sighed before returning to school with him. I was still too weak from the blood transfusion to do much, and I was left to live a mortal life with Ash for a long time. It took 2 months for me to get my pack back, and I wasn't even the one to do it. As it turned out, my beta's mate, Marcus, had managed to get it back by killing the man that stole my rank. We planned to create a truce between our groups since they were so heavily to keep the peace, but the challenge was convincing all of the old-timers to follow our simple plan. I soon found out that half of the children under 19, including my brother, had fought and lost, and they went to an unknown location... And that's where this tale begins.