27. The Plan

5.24.20

Ally's POV

I've only been down here for a month, but it feels like years. I haven't talked to anyone since Vic was taken, but I was still clinging onto the hope that I would one day get out of here. Quincey had curled up in the back of my headspace a long time ago, and I would only hear from him if Vic happened to walk by the door. I hardly had enough energy to breathe, so I don't know what I'm going to do if someone attacks me. It's only a matter of time before I slip into the mentality I held when I was a younger boy.

The door opened, yet I didn't move since I didn't have the motivation. "Ally?" I don't know who's saying my name like that, but I don't think I want to. The voice did sound faintly familiar, yet I can't remember where it's come from. Hesitant footsteps came from the stairs, and I peeped my eyes open slightly to see bare feet.

Hands grasped onto my sides, and I remember thinking that this is it. This is how I die! My body was lifted off of the ground, and when I was placed onto my feet, my legs almost gave out underneath me. Fingers snapped in front of my eyes, but I was unable to draw my attention to any one object.

I felt the world bouncing like I was being carried somewhere, and I didn't even have the capacity to keep my neck up. "I can't figure out what's wrong with him."

"Oh, I don't know, he's a wolf, and clearly they've been feeding him blood. That and he's been deprived of his soulmate while all this is going on."

"If I didn't have this stupid bracelet, I would go beat the hell out of those vampires."

"There will be a correct time for you to get revenge. For now, do either of you have real food?"

"No."

"Kiss him."

"What?"

"At least it will wake his wolf, I don't know. I'm trying here!"

Lips were pushed against mine, and my eyes snapped open in shock. Who the hell has the audacity to kiss me!? My eyes searched the face of the offender until they met with familiar hazel eyes, and I let my body relax into the bed. Quincey stirred in the back of my mind before howling his happiness.

"H-how did you get me out?" My fingers were curled into his shirt in a needy fashion, but I got the feeling that he didn't mind too much.

"They noticed my distinct lack of focus and let me get you." His face nuzzled into my neck, and I enjoyed the sensation of the bond fixing itself. "They aren't too happy about our bond, but what can they do?"

I sat up weakly, but I wished that I didn't when I looked around. We were in a tiny room with three twin sized beds shoved haphazardly against a few walls. Marc was playing with a charm bracelet on one of the beds with a prominent frown on his face, and Ash was standing off the the side of Vic's bed staring at me. Overall, it was really tiny for all 3 of them to be living in it, but I don't think they were exactly honored guests at the moment.

The thing that made my spine tingle the most was Ash's gaze. There was so much sadness clouded over his usually sharp eyes, and I could see that the fight in him had been extinguished. He looked so dead inside, and I wished that I could find a way to help him. However, I knew that the only thing he needed was my brother, and I don't think I can get him that.

The door opened, and a 30 year old woman came in. Marc dropped his bracelet, Ash adverted his gaze to the window, and I was grabbed tighter by Vic, so I assumed this woman was not good.

My left wrist was grabbed, and I had one of the famous tracking bracelets clipped around the skin. "One toe out of line, wolf." I shuddered from the threat in her voice before backing up against Vic's chest. The door slammed shut, and only then did the energy in the room calm down to normal.

"I'm so sorry I dragged you into this."

"Well technically I came here myself, so don't beat yourself up."

"Vic, how is he going to fit into our plan?" Marc's eyes were also pretty dead, but the darkness overshadowing his ocean blue eyes was uncomfortable. If I thought he was scary before, I was about to run away now.

"I don't know. I mean, I always knew we were going to collect him before we left, but I didn't plan on already having him. We need to cut the part of the plan that involves fetching him, obviously."

"But Victor, we've all been preparing to bust out of these bracelets for a month, and he just got his. I refuse to ruin my chances just because you need to bring him with you."

"Well, if I don't, I could lose him. In fact, I will lose him. If we bust out of here, they'll kill him in retaliation, and I can't handle that."

"We all want to see our soulmates too, Vic. I can't stay here for more weeks, and I sure as hell know that Ash is suffering whether or not he'll admit it."

"Fine then. You two can leave without us, and I'll stay here with him."

"Fine!"

"Marc, we need to stick together." Ash's voice was so broken, but he was still trying to seem strong. "I can't leave them behind. If I lose Ally, Alex is going to kill me. Do you even know how pissed off he got at his father for the whole Sam issue? I have a choice of whether or not I can leave him behind, and I need to make sure that he survives. For the love of God, get your head out of your ass and stop being so selfish."

Marc's eyes widened at his words, and I saw his eyes roll. "Then I'll be going alone."

"And ruin the rest of our plans? Stick. Ass. Removus."

"Can y'all stop bickering? I don't want to see you fighting again, we just barely got over this!"

"Fine, I'll wait. If he finds some way to get in here and destroy our plans, I won't hesitate!" His fingers ran across his neck horizontally, and I buried my face into Vic's neck when the intense shivers came across my back.

"I know that you don't really like him, but you shouldn't threaten my soulmate, please? I don't want to have to hurt you. We've been friends since we were kids, Marc, so I don't want to ruin that. However, if you even think of hurting Ally, we're going to have a serious issue."

"Fine. I won't hurt him unless he deserves it."

"So I guess we're stuck here for however long."

"Yup."

Writing to avoid conversation cuz why not.