19. Fight for Freedom: Part 3

5.20.20

Antony's POV

The dim light was reflecting into Ash's blue eyes, and he sighed before starting to speak. "I just miss having peace. I never really had that chance with Alex because there was the war, being kicked out of the pack, and then this. I just want to be able to hold him without worrying about what catistriphoc event is going to happen tomorrow.

"On top of that, I know that he isn't as happy as he makes himself out to be. I can see in his eyes when he looks at me that there's a lot of love, but there's still a pretty decent chunk of guilt. Then there's the constant mistrust that my father has for him, the way you treat me, and the pack disliking that their Luna isn't even the same species. I know that we were designed to be together, but sometimes the universe seems to be shoving us apart. Even right now, my moods are just so explosive since I don't know if he's alive, dead, or somewhere in between. Overall I'm just tired... So tired."

When he stopped talking, his whole form drooped down like a wilting flower. Just looking into this boy's eyes made me feel the most extreme sadness, so I could hardly imagine what he was feeling at this moment.

I slotted my hand through the bar, and his reluctantly wrapped around mine. My fingers gently caressed his, and my heart was calling out for the boy in front of me. I regretted ever doing or saying anything negative to him, and I wished for a way to correctly communicate that to him. I heard a silenced sob, and I carefully slid my other hand through the gaps to softly rub his cheek. The sobs increased in volume until I could truly feel his anguish deep in my chest. "He'll make it through, I know he will. You are both strong, young men, and I know that both of you will get out of this place. That and I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I thought I was doing what's best for my son, but I was extremely misguided on my views."

"Misguided is right."

"I should not have judged you based on my relations with your father just like he shouldn't have judged my son based on me. I swear to you that I just want what's best for Alex, but a lot of times I'm just dead wrong. I'm sorry about that."

"If we all make it out alive, I accept your apology. Just remember that actions speak louder than words."

"All guards to defense positions, I repeat all guards to defense positions," a voice commanded from the overhead speaker. My eyes widened at the announcement, and I turned to look back at Jackson.

"What could possibly be happening?"

"It's probably an attack, Tony."

"Well who's attacking us?"

"I'd imagine that Half Moon doesn't appriciate the Alpha pair being taken away. They're probably going to bust you all out."

At Jackson's words, the large metal door at the top of the stairs was knocked off of its hinges and fell down to the bottom of the basement. I moved closer into Jackson's body out of fear, but before whoever had broken in could even get down here, they were intercepted by a large group of pack warriors.

I could hear the sounds of fighting, and every scream of pain or sound of flesh ripping made me flinch into Jacky's chest. I just barely had a view of the battle, but I could see that every time someone tried to break through the barricade, they were shoved back. Damien came towards our cells, and I was about prepared to fight him when he just grabbed Ash by the hair. My heart was slamming against my chest, and my eyes were wide when Damien held Ash up and screamed, "Is this what you are looking for!?"

Ash's head hung slightly even though he was being grabbed by his hair, and I wished that I had treated him like he deserved. If Ash died right here, right now, I would fall even deeper into the ocean of my guilt. Jackson was holding onto my waist with a godly grip, so I knew that he was nervous, too. Suddenly, I saw Zayne bust through the crowd. They're here too!?

"Damien, stop!" Praise the Lord that he's on our side. I don't think I could kill that many of my siblings.

"You can't do anything about this, Zayne. I have learned that the only way to extract the magic from the other one is to remove this boy from the living."

They were trying to take away my son's magic!? I don't know much about that, but I do know that doing something like that could seriously hurt Alex! In that very second, a blue beam of light came from the crowd of our allies and struck Damien directly between the eyes. When he dropped Ash, the frothing mass of fighting people started moving again.

Alex burst out of the main group and tried to grab his soulmate, but he was thrown back against the wall with a kick from my brother. While they were grappling, Ash was slowly pulling himself up in preparation to assist my son. As soon as the numbers were stacked against my son, Ash stood beside his body, and they began to fight side by side.

Ash was hit on his left temple by Damien, and I saw Alex get distracted from his own fight to make sure Ash was okay. While his eyes were turned, he was struck down by the beta, and he backed all the way into the bars of Ash's cell. "Kick his ass!" I encouraged, and I smirked when the beta was slammed against the wall across the room.

However, what Alex wasn't currently seeing was the state Ash was in. Damien was much too powerful for the poor boy who had been injured and locked up for days, and Ash was now curled up on the ground trying to protect his head, chest, and private parts.

Alex produced a large blue beam that hit into Damien's back and threw him all the way against the farthest wall before crawling up to his injured soulmate. "Come on, Ash," I heard him stammer while trying to shake the boy awake to no avail. Suddenly, a blue aura surrounded his whole body, and it was forced out at an alarming rate. Jackson and I didn't feel anything when the blue passed through us, but all of the opposing warriors were made significantly weaker. It was enough for our pack to triumph over the enemies, but I knew we weren't out of the woods yet.

Alex fell onto his knees from using that much of his energy, but he was still conscious unlike his injured soulmate. As soon as they could, every member of the Luna Llena pack stood up and staggered out of the basement. Does this mean that we won?

Pack doctors came down the steps, and that was what made me feel the victory all over my body. They took care of a lot of the injured before approaching my son carefully. When he sat up, there was blood all over his face, but other than that he looked pretty in tact. It was Ash that had me worried, but based on the pack doctor's face, he would be fine. We'll all be alright, and we would all live to see another day!

I would just like to say that it's nice to not blind myself when writing at night now lol.