10. Captives

5.15.20

Antony's POV

"Do you even know where we are?" I complained after swatting the five hundredth tree branch out from my face.

"That's a negative," Jackson chuckled at my lack of optimism. "Pretty sure we've been going north west."

"Jacky... My birth pack is north west from Newfolk."

"Oh shoot I forgot about that. Maybe if we just turn around?"

Suddenly, I heard some crunching from my left, and I pushed Jackson behind the tree with a hand over his mouth. Our bodies were pressed right up against one another, and while the tingles against my skin was nice, I had to focus on not being caught. I should have noticed the scent markers that were currently a few paces behind us, but my senses had been overloaded by the scent of my mate.

"I can smell you, it's better that you come out now," a bone chilling voice declared much too close for comfort. Jacky's body had frozen up against me as well, and when I looked at him, the fear in his eyes was evident. I moved my hand from his mouth to caress his cheek gently, and I fell in love with his chocolate eyes again in that exact moment.

I pushed my face into the nook of his neck just before I was torn away from him. My body immediately began fighting to get out of this person's grip, but my movements did me no good when the world went sideways.

"Tony!" I heard Jacky scream out at me when my body hit the ground with a dull thud. I tried to fight my way to my feet, but my body refused to respond to my brain's commands. My eyes shifted to where Jackson was trying to fight out of the mysterious man's grip. Suddenly, the heel of Jacky's hand snapped up into the foe's face, effectively knocking the opposing man out. "Are you okay?" he breathed when he was sat above me.

"Mmm... Probably."

At that second, about five men burst through the forest foilage to surround us. Even though Jackson fought valiantly for us, he stood no match for all five of the men, and I was pretty much useless after whatever the first one did to me. Jackson managed to get through three of the wolves before he was struck on the head and collapsed down next to me. "Alpha, we have two intruders on the southeastern side of the border. They've managed to take down four of our warriors, but we've finally gotten them under control. What would you like us to do with them?" one of the wolves, who I assumed was the beta, spoke into his headset.

With my sharp hearing, I could make out the gruff voice of their alpha commanding, "Bring them to the pack house and give them a nice home in the prison. They will not get away with harming the pack."

Jackson was dragged away from my by one of the warriors who had arrived as back up, and I whimpered at the loss of his eyes. The initial dizziness that had come over me was almost gone, so when I was grabbed, I struggled against the arms. "Get the injection," the beta commanded to someone else, and I began to wiggle with much more intensity.

I felt a slight stinging in my neck, and my body became weak again. As soon as they rendered me to be no threat to anyone's safety, I too was dragged into the forest. Whatever they had put into my bloodstream must have been pretty strong since I began to lose recognition of where I was and what was happening. Well, that is until I was thrown down some stairs. Yeah, that's how you wake a person up.

I hit the concrete bottom with a loud groan, and soon I was lifted up again to drag farther. Things were becoming slightly clearer, so I began to look around. All along the walls I could see people paired up in tiny cells, and while I didn't expect this whole prison thing to be pretty, the situation made me nervous for my future. Not to mention the smell of mold, rust, and urine that was flooding into my senses making me extremely nauseous.

I felt myself flying through the air once more, but this time I landed on something soft. "Tony, are you alright?" Jackson stammered above me over the sound of the cell door slamming shut. My sight was zooming in and out, and even the cold fingers pressed against my neck hardly phased me. "Speak to me, Tony."

I shifted my eyes slightly until they locked onto the increasingly familiar chocolate eyes and managed to mumble a quiet, "mmm."

Suddenly, a loud, feminine scream pierced my ears, and I flinched unintentionally. It made me a little bit more coherent, and I managed to sit up with a little bit of assistance from Jacky. Even so, I was still leant heavily against his rock hard chest, but that was when reality hit me.

I was currently a prisoner of either my brother or my father, and we had put up a hell of a fight before coming into their care. "How badly did you hurt the warriors," I breathed. Even though Jackson couldn't feel it since he was a vampire, the air down here was frigid enough that I could see my own breath, and I suppressed a shiver.

"It wasn't that horrible; I just knocked them out so that they couldn't continue to attack us."

"We're so screwed."

"Why?"

"Okay, so we both know that I was the oldest of 7 brothers and the only one to have a significant impact on my life from my mother, right?"

"Mhmm."

"The rest of them grew up with only my father as a parent, so most of them ended up with his mentality. Right now, we are prisoners of either my father or one of my brothers who have injured the pack in some way. Dad would always preach to us how important it was to punish those who harm anyone from the pack in even the smallest ways. We just broke into their land and knocked out 4 wolves."

"You're right, we're screwed. Especially if we're dealing with clones of your father."

The main door to the prison slammed open, and I pushed my face in Jacky's face. "If this is the last time I see you, I'm so sorry for everything I did to you ever. I am so lucky to have someone like you as a soulmate, and–"

My words were cut off by his lips on mine, and I melted against his body. If these are my last moments, at least I'll remember his lips on mine. Once again, I was torn away from Jackson to face my fate, but this time I was face to face with the 4th oldest of my brothers. Where did the other two go?

"I've only heard of a wolf and a vampire together once... Antony."