13. Prisoners

5.17.20

Antony's POV

My whole body was on fire from what my own brother had done to me, but I had a feeling that Jackson had gotten it worst based on the fact that he still wasn't awake. The way my brother had treated me would be burned into my mind forever, and as of right now it was replaying in my brain over and over again.

"I've only heard of a wolf and a vampire together once... Antony," my brother snarled lowly.

"Hey Damien," I mumbled weakly in response.

"I'm surprised that you even came back. I would have though that you had the sense to stay away, but clearly father failed teaching you in more ways than the obvious."

"Damien it doesn't have to be this way! We can be happy-"

A stinging sensation on my left cheek interrupted my little speech, and I felt my head twist painfully to the side. "You resigned your right to talk to me as equal the day you even thought about kissing him."

"Damien you have to understand he's my mate!"

"Maybe he is, but you didn't know that back then. That's right, you were both 17 years old, so neither of you would have known about the bond then. You just search for an excuse to get off of your punishment easier. I may go a little bit easier on you, but only because you didn't hurt any of my men. Your little boyfriend over here? Well he's going to get it."

"N-no! I'll take his punishment, just please don't hurt him!"

"Now now, Tony. I don't think you have a choice what I do."

I was dragged out of the cell once more as if I was just a sack of rotten potatoes. My body was thrown into a room that I had conveniently left out of my own pack house which had been designed after my original home... The room designed for torture.

***

My right side was already on fire when the fist came down onto my face once more. My nose was gushing blood on both sides, and I probably had bruises all over my body. "Have you learned your lesson yet, brother?"

"Where are Orion and Zayne?"

"Oh, those two? Father banished them just like he did to you. Who the hell knows where they are now; they're probably dead!"

"You're just as bad as father!"

"Actually, Tony, I'm much worse. Drag him back downstairs, I have a vampire to deal with."

I finally managed to contest the pain all over my body and crawl up to Jackson's battered form. "Jacky please wake up," I begged while shaking him gently as not to hurt him. "I can't lose you; not again." He began stirring slightly, but when he tried to sit up, he ended up collapsing into a coughing fit. "Shhh... Shhh... It's okay, I've got you."

I helped him sit up against me, and his beautiful chocolate eyes flickered towards me. "I'm sorry I got us into this mess," he croaked while digging his fingers into my thigh. I pulled his body into my lap before gently rocking him back and forth with a nurturing smile on my face.

"It wasn't your fault."

"Yes it was. If I had remembered that your old pack was up here, we wouldn't be here in the first place!" His exclamation ended in another coughing fit, and I couldn't stop the tears gathering in my eyes.

"I'm not going to let you blame yourself! What kind of a soulmate would I be?"

"Hey Tony?"

"Hmm?"

"We never got to finish that kiss."

Right when our lips were about to touch, I heard one of the guards shout, "Everyone! The alpha needs us! Something about two vampires with magical powers!"

Both mine and Jackson's eyes went wide, and the look that we shared was one of pure terror. "Didn't you tell him not to come after you?"

"Well, yes, but he has a tendency not to listen."

"Well now both of our children are in danger, but why are they convinced that both of them are vampires?"

"Well your son is obviously a full blooded vamp, but Alex is a half breed."

"How the hell did Alex become a half breed?"

"Last day of the war when you tried to kill him. Um... My other son was busy saving me, so the only blood that could be transfused into my son was Ash's. Since half of his blood is that of a vampire, he became a half breed."

"Since when did you have another son? Also, I'm sorry about trying to murder your child and your people. I just... I wasn't right."

"Apparently Julia had twins that I didn't know about."

"Oh."

"Also, don't feel bad about the war. We were both blinded by hatred and need for revenge, and I at least lost sight of what really mattered to me. As you know, my father was a douchebag, and I guess some of that rubbed off onto me. I hurt you, and you continued the cycle. We're both to blame for this."

Suddenly, I heard a loud thud coming from the entrance to the prison, and when I looked up I saw Alex and Ash being dragged like lambs to the slaughter. They were chucked into the cell directly next to us, and I was forced to watch as Alex dragged himself up to his mate before frantically looking around for danger.

"Alex," I whisper yelled through the metal bars. My son jumped before doing a full 180 turn to look at me.

"Papa," he breathed.

"What are you doing here? I told you-"

"Yeah, yeah your letter said not to follow you... Did you honestly think that would work?"

"I didn't think you would follow me right into enemy land!"

"Well I didn't know it was enemy land until the enemies were there! Why did you wander onto enemy land?"

"I got my scents jumbled."

"And if this is such enemy land then why does the alpha have your eyes?"

"He may be my brother, but he takes after my father too much to be even slightly sane. We're all in danger, Alex."

I slid my hands through the bars to grab onto his. "I'm so, so sorry for everything I've ever done to you. I'm a bad excuse for an alpha and an even worse excuse for a father. You deserve so much better than me."

"I'm just scared. Not for myself or even for Ash even though he is scaring me, but I won't forgive myself if he takes my baby."

I heard Jackson begin sputtering behind me, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Get over it," I instructed Jackson who was crawling closer to our position.

"He's here too?"

"Yeah, he intercepted me early on in my journey."

"Ohhh, so that's what the scent mixed with yours was!"

I was about to respond when Ash began groaning behind my son, and Alex crawled over to his mate. The amount of love in Alex's eyes was unmistakable, but just when his mouth was about to open, a loud crashing sound occured.

My brother walked right up to the door of their cell, and Alex hissed bravely. "I was planning to go easy on you, kid, but if you make my job difficult, I'll make your life hell."

"I won't let you take him or my child!"

"So be it... Guards get the pregnant one!"