Chapter 24 | Rolling in the deep.

+*+*+*+*+*+*
"I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you."
-C Joybell C, The Sun Is Snowing.
👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹
Chapter 24 | Rolling in the deep.

Playfully shoving Hunter away from my neck, he groans, planting a chaste kiss on my cheek.

"You're no fun," he complains digging into his food.

We're waiting for everyone to arrive in the sanctuary of the empty courtyard. Their French teacher tends to let them out later than usual, reciting her patented, 'The bell doesn't dismiss you, I dismiss you.'

I can barely get Hunter off me. He loves physical contact at all times of the day.

"I'm sensible." I bite into my hotdog.

"Only sometimes," he takes a sip of his juice.

Mason, Dré, Brie and Eames flood into the quad, complaining about their late dismissal. They take their seats with frustrated grunts, diving straight into their own food.

I haven't said anything to them about Hunter and I. I'm unsure if it's a good thing or not but Hunter hasn't said anything either. It's not like he hides his affections, he's just an affectionate person and without him saying anything, you would never know that he'd upped it a thousand notches. It is also not like I want us to throw a coming out party but at the very same time, I haven't a clue as to why he hasn't told anyone. From 'What are we?' to 'Am I a secret?' By the looks of things, Eames doesn't have the foggiest clue.

When it's just the two of us, just like before the rest of the group arrived, he's openly affectionate but when surrounded by our friends, he tones it down. For example, the hand that previously lay on my knee before they arrived has since left my knee after their arrival.

6 days.

It's only been 6 days since he asked me to be his girlfriend and I'm already spiralling.

Girlfriend. That's another thing. He never said the word. He said mine. Do the two words mean the very same thing or otherwise?

Just 6 days. But in just 6 days, I keep finding out more things about him that I like. He was mine. Whatever the hell that meant to him.

He let me run off on Sunday without question which I'm still grateful for, -mine or not-. The voice inside my head, however, keeps reminding me that it's never a wise decision to keep secrets from your boyfriend. Especially something like what mine is. I wholeheartedly agree with voice. Furthermore, I couldn't skip two consecutive Sundays and I can't tell him yet.

Caught off guard, he'd kissed me during our one-on-one free period on Monday. I liked spontaneous kisses from him and since then, he lays them on me whenever he can. It somehow manages to feel different every time. Luke left that very same morning so I'm guessing he was celebrating his new liberties and some renewed old ones that he couldn't use with Luke around.

On Tuesday, I couldn't get him to stop touching me during classes. From drawing lazy circles on my thigh to slipping his hand into my jean pockets. On a day with no free periods, this was his lovely loophole. He's behaving like Mason when he's around Brie but somehow, worse.

He leans to my ear, "I almost forgot, you look beautiful today," he whispers as the rest of the group discusses their impending Literature class. It used to bother me that they could have lengthy discussions about their classes together, have study sessions and so forth with me feeling slightly left out or the rather unpopular, forth wheel. Now I have Hunter and our nightly, window sessions.