Chapter 07 | Order up.

+*+*+*+*+*+*
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: -this is the ideal life."
-Mark Twain.
👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹
Chapter 07| Order up.

It takes me a couple of seconds to adjust to the light pouring into my room. I glance towards the clock that rests on my desk and it proudly shows 08:49 in bright red. Almost neon. I groan. I just managed to wake up before my alarm. Again. 10 points for gryphindor! I turn to my side to face the couple.

"Morning, you guys," I yawn. I'm so tired. I pull he blankets over my head. 5 more minutes left.

I barely manage to grip sleeps' dress shirt and the first notes of Marilyn Monroe by Nicki Minaj start to play from the alarm in turn causing me to jolt up from my sleeping position. How is this even possible. I literally closed my eyes less than a minute ago. Mockingly, the clock now shows 09:00.

I groan yet again, roll out of bed and aim straight for the bathroom.

I yawn unattractively, staring at my reflection. I swear, you're so pretty. It's like Prince Naveen and Tiana had a baby and it was you. Lie. I laugh at myself, brush my teeth, shower and get dressed into my clothes for the day.

I marvel at my outfit of a white ripped jeans, an off pink loose vest and a long, grey sweater throwover paired with black and white North Stars. Dad always said, "Comfortibility is key."

I leave the bathroom for my vanity table to accessorize and acquire a scent. I choose a long and gold necklace plus a simple silver ring on my right pointer finger.

Satisfied with my appearance, I begin making my bed as the doorbell rings downstairs.

As I pull my cover over my bed, mom shouts from downstairs, "Archer honey, there's someone here to see you!" To see me? My friends don't have such manners. They wouldn't have bothered with the doorbell.

"Who is it?" I shout.

"What's your name sweetie?" Mother asks whoever is at the door in a sweet sultry voice.

I fail to catch the response of the unknown person, a girl, as I scramble to grab my phone and head out my room.

"She says her name is Forest Knight!" Mom shouts as I take my very first step onto the stairs. My eyes land on a smiling little girl.

As soon as she sees me, her eyes widen to the size of saucers and she begins to bounce on the balls of her feet as if she is preparing for combat. I make my way down the stairs. when my feet reach the landing , she engulfs my legs in a hug. I bend down, hugging her back. She smells like strawberries.

"Hi, Forest," I say with a smile covering my face. This little girl... I have no words.

"Hi," she breathes whilst releasing my legs from the death grip they were in. I wish I had a little sister. "I missed you!" she confesses as I lean down to her level.

All this takes place as my mom watches with a soft smile playing on her lips.

"I missed you more." I poke her tummy and she giggles in delight as she attempts to bat my hands away from her.

"That's my mom." I point, introducing my mother.

"And mom, you've already met Forest Knight. Her family moved in next door." I say standing to my full height.

"Nice to meet you, Forest," Mom greets enthusiastically and Forest waves at her while slipping her hand into mine. "I'll be in the kitchen," she informs, dismissing herself.