Chapter 17 | The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

+*+*+*+*+*+*
"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that."
-Robin Williams.
👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹
Chapter 17 | The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

The Olympians

TODAY
YOU WERE ADDED

Brie: Sunday is rest day. I need to recuperate before I have to go back to school tomorrow. I think we can all agree on that.

Brie: For the ‘men.’ We have decided that you are to take us out to a fancy dinner. It is a black tie event so dress accordingly.

Dré: Word to the wise. Do not disappoint.

Maui’s brother: This has begun to sound like round two of us pampering you guys.

Dré: Think what you want, just be ready by 17:00.

Cheshire cat: You got it.

Window boy: Your wish is my command.

I’m the last one to read the conversations in the new group that included all of us. This is a good idea if only there weren’t so many others already.

Archer.H: I’d just like to bring something to everyone’s attention. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME HOUSE YOU CRAZY NUTJOBS.

On that note, I turn off my phone. From the lack of Dré in my room, I can only assume she’s downstairs with Brie and Mason or at least somewhere laying her moves on thick on Eames. I can hear voices from further down the hallway in the guest bedroom which could be Hunter and his trusty laptop or Hunter and his protection. I don’t care to go check. It’s turtle time.

I tie my hair up into a messy ponytail, put on my glasses and grab my bag.

As I’m about to step onto Hunter’s balcony, his voice halts my actions. “Would you look at that,” he leans on the doorframe, “Sneaking out of your own home,” he pushes up his shirt sleeve to his elbows, fixing his watch which I look at closely and my eyebrows raise, “Now I’ve seen everything,” he adds with an amused smile. “You look like I just caught you with your hand in the cookie jar,” he states, with his arms now crossed over his chest.

I really can’t explain my way out of this, I literally have one leg out the window with a bag firmly strapped onto my back. “Well this funny thing happened and I …,” I trail off, having nothing to defend myself with.

He chuckles at my loss of words, “Go, I’ll cover for you,” he says scanning my bookshelf from the door.

I sigh in relief and continue my way down to the ground. When my feet are firmly on the ground, I look up and meet Hunters piercing beryl eyes with his head stuck out my window giving me a thumbs up. I laugh at his child like behaviour and give him one too in return. I turn to cut through the back of the house, through the shrubs and onto the next street where my taxi is waiting for me.

Window boy just did me a solid.

+*+*+*+*+*+*