Chapter 04 | Are you talking to me?

+*+*+*+*+*+*
" "Everyone says she's hard to get to know, but I don't think so. I think it just takes effort, and she's worth the effort. All the best things are. So, I guess you just have to try. Regardless of what happens, I will always try with her."
-Dexter Reynolds on Athena Capello"
-Harley Lynn aka @seekabsolution, Little Talks
👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹
Chapter 04 | Are you talking to me?

The innocent man, to me, is about bad detectives who were blind to the truth who looked for innocent men, yes it's a plural, to pin the murder and abduction of 2 girls from a small town called Ada. These detectives couldn't figure out who the real criminals were, hence they resorted to following a false trail hinted and supplied to them by untrustworthy sources and they pinned these 2 unrelated crimes on innocent men.

Out of the 4 accused of these crimes; 1 just happened to be a washed up baseball player who drank profusely, did drugs and mistreated woman, and that's me being nice. In as much as he was innocent for this crime, I never said he was a saint. The other was a divorced nobody who unfortunately knew the washed up could've been pro baseball player. The remaining 2 are not of great importance to the story but they do help us in seeing how bad these detectives were at their jobs, however, the main story kinda revolves around the murder case. That being a Ronald (Ron) Williamson and a Dennis Fritz.

What really irks me about this book is that it's based on a true story. It's kinda a slap in the face to the justice system that incepts the idea in the readers lives that not everyone in jail is guilty.

I've already finished reading this book because I couldn't put it down from the moment Mrs. Sawyer put it in front of me and I kept wondering what I would find out next. I do have to admit that it does go at a slow pace that I understand Hunters' face as he anticipating.

Things like, what happened to those detectives when the truth was found out?, did they get punished?, I for sure know that they never found the real culprits or said culprits got incarcerated for different crimes because it took them quite some time just to pin the crimes on the wrong people that to attempt to trace the real monsters from that point on would be all for naught. It would be cold so to speak.

I feel like I never got my ending, like the book ended in the middle of a sentence and I want to hear what happened after the last fulstop. Damn you Fault In Our Stars. Obviously this book really bothered me. I've even thought of contacting John Grisham to grill him for answers because he had done the research and probably knows more than he relayed in the book.

That's just the surface story of the book but now however, we have Hunter who is currently trying to fast read the book unsuccessfully. Mrs. Sawyer literally handed him the book as soon as he walked up to her and introduced himself.

He's almost finished with the first chapter. His forehead is wrinkled slightly from his concentration, with his book lazily held by his fingertips as he rocks his chair back and forth on it's two hind legs. He looks completely at ease just sitting there reading his book with his stupid face. Ugh. Why's he with me? It's pretty obvious that everyone including the King, Nathan Shaw, wanted to indict him into their brotherhood but he doesn't seem to care or want to.

He flips the page and starts to scan the page with his mossy green orbs moving from his left to his right. I grab my book and open the last page that I've dedicated to doodles. Grabbing my pen I start drawing my latest obsession- a dreamcatcher. I only want one because it would look cool in my room, however, they are impossible to find.