Chapter 13 | The Koala pact.

+*+*+*+*+*+*
"If enough people make false promises, words will stop having any meaning."
-Jon Snow, Game of Thrones.
👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹
Chapter 13 | The Koala pact.

I woke up to a text from Eames.

Cheshire cat: Meet me at the coffee shop on Argyle.

So now he wants to talk.

Archer.H: I can't today.
Will tomorrow work?

I get up from my bed, bath and change into my clothes for the day: a horizontally striped long sleeved shirt, sky blue ripped jeans and white adidas sneakers.

It took me a while but I finally find my box of hair ties. Moron named Hunter never gave mine back.

I pick up my phone to turn it off as I make my way downstairs. Eames' response postpones my switching off of the phone.

Cheshire cat: I thought you only went MIA in the morning times.
Either way, I will be at the coffee shop til 1500 hrs.
🐨

Koala.

The Koala pact.

In the few months that I'd been there, I'd thrown my own rules out the window having thought we'd be here for a while. 11 months. We'd been there for 11 months and it seemed safe to finally exit my shell because the longest we'd been in one place was 8 months.

I remember Mimosa persistently burrowing himself in my life. We'd meet at school and at training. He made a point of talking to me.

Eventually, I let him in and the pact had been made in an attempt to not withhold information from one another. No matter how bad it was. In situations where I thought he'd judge me, he'd say Koala. I'd spill my guts without the fear of his reaction.

My phone shut down as I made it to the stairs landing.

"You ready, honey?"

"Yeah Mom, I'm ready."

+*+*+*+*+*+*

Walking into The Bean café, I scan the faces of the occupants of this little slice of heaven. I notice the group seated at the corner booth on some sort of double date.

Smiling to myself, I imagine my Bananas and I on a triple date.

You need to have a boyfriend for that to happen, Archer. Or at least someone who likes you. I scoff. Guess I'll just keep daydreaming about it.

My gaze finally lands on Eames, who seems to have been watching me since the moment I walked in. That little bell be damned!

"I was beginning to think you'd never show up," is his greeting statement.

"My need to fill in the blanks wouldn't let me," I quip, taking a seat across from him.

"Curiosity killed the cat."

"It's a damn good thing I'm not a cat," I smirk at him, eagerly waiting for his response. I've already thought of lots of replies to anything he could say. He's the cat.