Chapter 05 | Monk moments.

+*+*+*+*+*+*
"If you must blink, do it now."
-Kubo, Kubo and the two strings.
👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹👓🏹
Chapter 05 | Monk moments.

"Can I have one of those?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because they are mine. Now shh."

"Mr. Murray isn't even here."

"I know but your voice is starting to annoy me." That's a lie.

"I'm hurt."  he says with a smile. Clearly not.

I roll my eyes and place 2 jelly beans in my mouth.

"How come we don't have a sub?" Always asking questions.

"Mr. Murray knows we are responsible and mature enough to get some work done." And sure enough, most of the class is doing some sort of exercise whilst also taking advantage of the fact that Mr. Murray isn't here and chatting amongst themselves.

"That's intense."

"Not really." I say placing 2 more jelly beans in my mouth.

"Hey, so are you free tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, why?" I reply without even looking at him and attempting to tackle the rest of my chosen exercise.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come to my game tomorrow?" I turn to look at him, he's already looking at me with hopeful eyes and his fingers twirling his pen.

Well you're kinda my ride. I'd also really like to see him in a real game. "I'd love to."

He looks taken aback by my answer and his mossy green orbs widen, "Really?"

"Yeah."

"I thought I'd have to convince you. I had a whole sorta speech prepared." Why?

"No need."

"So you're really not going to give me any of those?"

"Precisely."

He tries to snake his hand into my little lunchbox that I had filled with my sugary treat, that Hunter bought, this morning because the pack was too large. I swat his hand away. He fakes being hurt.

"Mine."

"Fine." he breathes with surrender. Finally.

I finish the last 2 questions and gaze up to check the clock that hung above the whiteboard, and as if to prove my internal clock accurate, the siren wails the end of this learning period.

I close my lunchbox, shove it in my bag and grab my books, putting them away. Hunter does the same.

"You've got to hand in your exercise." I say to Hunter dropping my book onto Mr. Murray's desk.

"I wrote a different one from you."

"I know but Mr. Murray, in as much as he is not present today likes to mark all work done by his students." I say moving aside for him to drop his work. I honestly don't know why Mr. M does it but whatever floats his boat I guess.