thirty-nine

~lightweight~

~lightweight~

Tobi let out a little cry as the baby slept in his arms , the family and friends of the deceased girl sat around the crematorium. It was finally time for Jess' funeral and the boy was completely broken.

He slowly made his way up to the stand , seeing the friends and family of the one he loved sitting around the crematorium. He took a breath before glancing at the baby in his arms , remembering when he was younger and him and Jess would talk about growing up.

Tobi sighed as he watched the girl slump on the bench in the park , football in her hands. The boy sat next to her , the two sharing warm smiles. "You still want to be a footballer when you grow up?" Tobi asked as he took the ball out of the girls hands and into his own , spinning it between two fingers. "I told you Tobi , I don't know what I want to do yet." The girl mumbled before smacking the ball out of the boys hands , a small smirk on her face. "What about you? Thought of anything you want to do?" The girl looked off into the sunset as Tobi grabbed the ball again , staring at the girls head from the side , "Na , Josh still wants to do YouTube but I don't know yet," Tobi felt a small smile etch it's way into his cheeks as he stood , the girl staring at him as he booted the ball into the field , making her groan. "You know sometimes I wish I never met you."

"I-i- sorry-" the boy couldn't handle it , stepping down from the staged bit , his eyes casted downwards as he stepped outside of the building , kamouri now waking up in his arms. He smiled down at the girl mumbling "hi babygirl." The baby made google eyes up at the boy before reaching up to his nose , poking him in it.

Tobi let out a small chuckle before doing the same to his daughter , a few tears sliding down his face as the memories flooded back to him.

Jess laughed as Freya and her ran from the two boys in the mall , the two wanted to get their nails done , but the boys wouldn't let them , so they took measures into their own hands. "Jessica! I swear!" Tobi yelled as he swiped the girl off her feet and into the air. Jess squealed as Tobi carried her to a seat , putting her down before sitting on her lap. "Oi! Get off me , you fat shit!" The girl giggled as Tobi leant back more , his hands grabbing the girls before forcing them around his body so she held him , "Na , I'm good."

"I'm sorry." Tobi mumbled as he helped the girl up form the floor , she looked as though she hadn't eaten in weeks , he hated how skinny she was now. The girl let out a small whimper as the boy left her side for a few seconds before realising he was getting in the bed with her. "She's in a better place now , Jessie. Your mum loved you."

"Hey mrs brown , thank you for the food again. It was delicious as always." The girl grinned up to Tobi's mother , the woman giving a small laugh as she spoke , "I know luv , I got your favourite mastered perfectly , come round anytime you want." The two shared a hug before Tobi dragged the girl to his room mumbling , "I'm starting to think my mum loves you more than me."

Jess giggled , placing a small kiss on the boys cheek before jumping onto his bed. "I mean , at least she feeds me good."

Tobi sobbed as he rocked the baby in his arms , unable to figure out how he was supposed to live after everything. The baby cooked as her small hand reached up to her fathers cheek , making hand movements as if she was whipping the boys tears away. "Oh god , I'm going to miss you so much." The boy whispered before kissing the babies forehead , sighing to himself.

Maybe this was destined to happen and he was meant to be lonely for the rest of his life. And that's what scared him , what if his daughter would eventually leave him as well. That's why he promised himself and to Jess that he will never leave kamouri , never.

The end , of you want a few extra chapters on some years after , let me know in the comments but other than that , thank you for reading and feel free to check out my other books , I should have some new ones coming out soon!