66- Aftermath and Revelations

After your dad excuses himself, the remnants of the hurricane that was his visit still linger in the air. Jaden is being very quiet and the playful boy you'd spent the morning with, was gone. You try to make plans with him for the day and he tells you he needs to go into the studio for a bit, but the night before he'd told you he'd be home all day.

Y/N: "Jaden... Please talk to me. What am I missing? We were doing so good and you've changed your whole mood with me again"

J: "I'm okay, I won't be long"

Y/N: "Jaden, stop. I can't just sit here waiting for you to completely shut down... you promised"

Jaden stops in his tracks and turns around dropping his keys on the dresser

J: "You're right, I'm sorry. It's just..."

Y/N: "Please just tell me. Did my dad say something to you while I was upstairs?"

J: "He thinks you're throwing away the chance to follow your own dreams just to follow me on tour and wants you to go back to school instead"

Y/N: "Yes, I heard. I was standing right there... there is more isn't there?"

J: "He told me if you stay behind while I'm on tour and transfer to his alma mater an hour away, that he will pay all your expenses including an apartment in the city-"

Y/N: "I am not leaving you!!! What the hell!?!"

J: "We wouldn't have to break up... he said by the time my tour is over, you'll have graduated and if we still wanted to be together he would support it"

Y/N: *your jaw trembling makes it hard to speak*
"I thought you wanted me to go?"

He wraps his arms around you as the waterfall of tears breaks free from your eyes and he speaks softly in your ear

J: "I've never wanted anything more in my life than to wake up every single day with you right next to me, but I think you need to really think about what you are giving up"

Y/N: "Jaden, I just want you"

J: *kissing your forehead*
"I know. I have to go in to the studio for a while and I want you to promise you'll think about it"

He walks out and as soon as you hear the front door shut you drop to the floor as your body shakes out sobs of fear. After you have cried out every tear your body could hold, Nessa gets home and comes into your room to find you still on the floor staring off into nothingness.

Nessa: "Y/N? What's wrong?"

You wipe your face and you snap out of it trying to put on a fake smile for her.

Y/N: "Eh I'm ok. I just talked to my dad and he always puts me in a mood"

Nessa: "Awe sweetie, do you want to talk about it?"

Y/N: "Not really, but thank you. Did you need something?"

Nessa: "I was going to ask if you could keep Lucas for the night so Josh and I could go out and start our wedding planning"

Y/N: "I would absolutely love that"

Truth is... a night of loving on and playing with baby Lucas always made you so happy. You were able to spend the evening escaping reality and imagine what it'd be like to spend a lifetime as a wife and mother yourself. When Jaden gets home, he walks into the room and sees you and Lucas playing peek-a-boo on the bed.

J: *reaching down to gently tickle Lucas' belly*
"How's Uncle J's little buddy?"

He kisses you softly, but with a sense of urgency like he has missed you as much as you've missed him

J: "How are you doing baby?"

Y/N: *not really answering, you change the subject*
"Jaden. I want to come with you"

Jaden starts to say something, but you cut him off

Y/N: "I already know what you have to say, and I did think about it and I don't want that life. I was miserable when I met you. Do you remember that night? When I met you I didn't have any clue what we would become but in that moment I felt an anchor inside of me drop into your hands and I knew with more certainty than I've ever felt in my life that I belonged wherever you were"

Jaden could see in your eyes that there was no sense in arguing with you and everything in him needed you just as deeply so he just sighed and sat next to you and held you while you changed the baby into pajamas

Jaden: *changing the subject*
"Do you need any help in here?"

Y/N: "Nope. I've gotten good at putting him to sleep"

Jaden: "Ok baby, I really need to shower, but if you change your mind just come grab me"

After he was gone, you lift up Lucas and start to pat his bottom while rocking him back and forth in your arms. It was true, you were becoming really good at keeping him calm, but no one soothed Lucas quite like Jaden, not even his own parents. Many nights, Lucas would wake up fussing and you'd find Jaden in the nursery swaying back and forth with him in his arms singing softly to him.

It never goes that smoothly for you, a fact you're reminded of as Lucas starts wailing the second you lay him in his crib. You cave, like you always do and carry him back into your room. You lay down with him resting on your chest, rubbing his back until he falls quickly to sleep in your arms.

Jaden comes back from his shower and finds you both fast asleep in the bed. He quietly gets dressed and slides into the bed next to you both gently and rubs Lucas's soft head and allows himself to imagine for just a moment. He never wanted to have a family of his own, but then again he never wanted to settle down with one girl either. He still didn't know if he'd ever be ready for it, but the thought crosses his mind that if it ever happened, as long as it was with you... everything might be ok.