53- Nessa's Emergency

Y/N: "Nessa... hun... calm down... what's wrong?"

Nessa: "Josh isn't home yet, and he isn't answering and I feel like I'm about to pass out my head is pounding"

Y/N: *covering the phone and talking to Jaden*
"Call 911 and send them to the house for Nessa"

Jaden makes the call and speeds up

Y/N: "Sweetheart we will be there in 15 minutes and 911 is on the way"

Nessa: "Why isn't he answering? I'm so scared"

You hang up as 911 arrives and tells you she is being transported. You tell Jaden to head straight to the hospital. As you pull up, you hop out of the car and tell Jaden to keep trying Josh then disappear into the hospital.

When you get to the front desk, they tell you that Nessa is already in a room and has been admitted

When you get to the front desk, they tell you that Nessa is already in a room and has been admitted. On her floor, you have to lie to the nurses that you are her sister to get into her room. You walk in as the doctor is explaining that her blood pressure is spiking and she has to stay there to prevent delivering 6 weeks early.

Nessa: *crying*
"I can't stay in this hospital for weeks!! I just want Josh, where is he?"

Y/N: "I told Jaden to find him and not come in until he does"

Nessa:*breaking down*
"I'm so scared!"

Josh and Jaden walk in and Josh runs to her side

Josh: "I'm so sorry I was in a meeting but Jaden found me.

After Nessa fills in Josh on everything that happened, the doctor walks in

Dr: "I am assuming you are her husband?"

Josh: "Yes, well fiance... what can I do... are they going to be ok?"

Dr: "We need to keep her blood pressure down, so for tonight I need to clear out the room and only one of you can stay"

Josh: "I can try to get a hold of work and tell them I'm not coming in tomorrow. I really need to shower..."

Jaden: "Would you be okay with Y/N staying with you awhile so I can drive Josh home to shower and get you some clothes too and we can stop by his office on the way?"

Nessa: "That will be so late and I'm so tired... just go home and get some sleep baby and come back tomorrow"

Dr: *to Josh*

"She is okay here. Your son is ok. She's in good hands as long as she stays in this bed"

After Josh, Jaden and the Dr leave the room, Nessa turns to you and tells you she's so overwhelmed that all her worry is just making her blood pressure worse

Nessa: "How did your dinner go?"

Y/N: "Are you sure you want to hear that?"

Nessa: "Anything but what I'm stressing over would be great"

You relay everything to her about your dad being so rude to Jaden and your mom doing nothing but crying. You both share a laugh as you tell her about your little sister nearly peeing herself when she came face to face with one of her celebrity crushes.

Nessa: "Well Jaden is just about everyone's celebrity crush, you are one lucky girl that's for sure"

Y/N: "He called me his girlfriend. Which was really weird because he normally freaks out if anyone ever assumes we are anything more than just friends with benefits, but that's good right? You realize the room is silent except for your rant, and look over to find Nessa asleep. You cover up Nessa and walk out to the nurse's station to ask for an extra blanket and pillow.

As you lay in the chair trying to get comfortable, you start to replay every moment of tonight. The way Jaden held his own with your intimidating father... The way he led you out of the restaurant so proudly like protecting you was the only option to him. The word "girlfriend" that rolled off his tongue so naturally.

You had felt so much stress over the title girlfriend being so unsure, but the truth is that your biggest fear is that there would never be any steps forward at all. No girlfriend title, means no wife title someday, and no family... and you didn't know if you were ok never having a family.

Watching what Nessa was going through reminded you how far away form ready for that you were and you decided to stop pushing Jaden towards something you were nowhere ready for either.

You struggled to get comfortable, but at some point you must have fallen asleep because you wake up to a nurse trying to take Nessa and the baby's vitals. Nessa never wakes up, but the nurse makes friendly conversation with you while she types in her chart.

Y/N: "Everything is still okay right?"

Nurse: "So far, so good. Her blood pressure is still a little high, but the baby seems happy"

As the nurse walks out, Jaden walks in with flowers.

J: *giving you a kiss* "That was for you, these are for Nessa

"That was for you, these are for Nessa... any update?"

Before you can answer, Nessa wakes up and asks "where did the flowers come from?"

J: "Those are for you. How are you feeling?"

Nessa: "I'm ready to go home, but I don't think that's going to happen today... where's Josh?"

J: "He was right behind me...."

Josh: "Hey how's my girl holding up?"

Nessa's face lights up when Josh walks on the room and sits next to her putting his hand on her belly

Josh: "Is my son being good in there?"

Nessa: *giggling*
"God I missed you, baby"

Josh: "Did you sleep ok? Any update?"

Nessa: "They don't know if I'll be able to come home until I deliver but if I do I'll be on bedrest."

The Dr walks in to check on Nessa and Jaden takes it as a cue to leave them with some alone time