29- Moving On

After Jaden and Mads leave, you come downstairs and find the girls in the kitchen.

Avani: “Ok… dish… how did the date go”

Y/N: “It was really nice. I love hanging out Bryce and he is so sweet”

Avani: “Bryce? Sweet? Who knew”

Nessa: “He is really sweet when he tries”

Y/N: “It ended kinda awkward though. We were driving home and Jaden’s song came on the radio….”

Avani: “SHUT UP! You’re lying!!”

Y/N: *everyone laughing hysterically* “It really did though”

Bryce: *walks in* “What are we gossiping about girls”

Avani: “You”

Bryce: “Obviously hahaha…. Wait really?

Y/N: *nervous about what they’ll say you drag him out of the room* “C’mon let’s go get lunch… my treat”

At lunch, Bryce is being very playful and it feels so much happier than the mood swings of Jaden

Bryce: *grabbing your hand across the table* “What’s on your mind babygirl”

Y/N: “I’m ok… probably not the best time to talk about it”

Bryce: “Friends first… anything else can wait… so talk to me”

You tell Bryce all about this morning and the confrontation with Jaden and how he left with Mads

Bryce: “I guess I didn’t hit him hard enough the first time! He can’t just treat you that way”

He notices you are getting upset he scoots around to sit closer to you and wraps his arms around you

Bryce: “Hey… shhhh… it’s ok. I can’t promise dealing with this crap won’t hurt, but I promise you’re not alone”

Something about the way this man holds you, and makes you feel so safe and loved… After spending the evening running errands you pull up to the house and Bryce comes around to open your car door and you two stand there and talk for a while.

All of this with him feels so easy and natural so you don’t notice when Bryce starts to lean in. You don’t know why in that exact moment, Jaden’s face flashes in your head. Desperate to drown out the image of the boy who ripped your heart out, you stand on your tiptoes to meet Bryce’s lips

His kiss is different than Jaden’s but his lips are so soft and his arms tensing while they grab your belt loops to pull you closer makes you crave more. You let out a breathless “Bryce” and he responds by pushing you back against the car and moving his lips down your neck. You wrap your fingers in his hair as you pull him back up desperate to taste him again.

The light flicks on at the neighbors house making you both break the trance and rush inside laughing.

Y/N: “I’m gonna go take a shower, but thank you for a really amazing day Bryce

Bryce: “Anything for you”