24‐ Fallout You

Meanwhile you are finally opening up your eyes to a sun that’s way too bright and a headache that’s way too hungover. As you come to terms with being awake, you are hit with a thousand flashbacks of the night before. 

Bryce: “Hey good morning. How did you sleep?”

He doesn’t seem upset

He doesn’t seem upset. You were really worried he would be frustrated with the fact that you had stopped things last night. 

Y/N: *ignoring his question* “I’m sorry about last night”

Bryce: “Don’t be sorry. Just because you stopped things last night doesn’t mean that kiss wasn’t completely amazing.”

That kiss had been amazing. Even though you slowed things down after, it doesn’t change the fact that the way he kissed you had sparked something in you that you didn’t see coming. 

Bryce: *kissing you on the forehead* “Cmon babygirl, lets go get food”

Babygirl? *sigh* if you’re being honest it gave butterflies when he said it that day in the pool too. 

Y/N: “Okay but will you take me out for breakfast… I just can’t face everyone yet”

Bryce: *winking* “you got it”

You walk out of the bedroom together, Bryce pulling a tshirt over his head laughing about how much you both hate the same popular breakfast restaurant when you run smack dab into Nessa storming out of her room Her jaw hits the floor. 

Josh: *who had chased after Ness sees you and Bryce* “woah…”

Y/N: “Guys I can explai….”

Your words trail off as you make eye contact with Jaden and immediately know what he must be thinking happened but are instantly so overwhelmed with heartbreak you can’t open our mouth to say a word.

Bryce: *knowing you don’t have it in you to witness another fight* “Ready to go get those pancakes?”

The two of you quietly walk downstairs and hear Nessa shriek “OMG did she sleep with Bryce last night wtf?” as the door shuts behind you. While you and Bryce enjoy breakfast out the rest of the friend group is in the kitchen together drinking coffee and recovering from the party. 

Olivia: “Did Nessa just say what I think she did?”

Griffin: “Holy crap”

Addison: “Guys this is Bryce we are talking about… he has a new girl here every week why is everyone so shocked?

Avani: “Addison… she’s talking about Y/N”

Addison: *putting two and two together* “Oh crap”

Olivia: “I can’t believe she would do that to Jaden!”

Kio: *to Olivia* “Babe we both know if anything happened it was Bryce’s fault”

Avani: “After what jaden said to her can you blame her for losing control? This is all on Bryce.”

Anthony: “Bryce is a player… you know that”

Kio: “This friend group can’t take much more drama… I can’t believe Bryce let this happen.”

Josh: *walking into the kitchen* “So what’s for breakfast?”

Quinton: “All I know is I’m not cooking again”

Nessa: *walking in*  “Jaden went back to sleep. He is completely numb at this point. “

Avani: “I think Y/N was probably a feeling a little numb too after what he said to her.”

Griffin: “We were all a little numb after how much alcohol was at that party”

After a chill breakfast with Bryce it’s time for you to face reality. 

Bryce: *noticing you’re lost in thought* “Hey we don’t have to go right back if you don’t want to

Bryce: *noticing you’re lost in thought* “Hey we don’t have to go right back if you don’t want to. Whatever you need. I gotchu babygirl… I told you that”

You smile at the realization of just how good this man has been to you in the short time you’ve known him. “No it’s ok, we need to deal with it”

When your nerves start to overwhelm you, Bryce grabs your hand and pulls the car over. He gets out and walks around to open your car door on the side of the road. He pulls you out and hugs you so tight you feel safe for the first time in a long time. When you walk inside only Avani, Anthony, Kio and Olivia are left in the kitchen. Olivia gives you a dirty look while Avani looks at you like she feels sorry for you.

Bryce: *to you* “Go upstairs and I’ll face the drama down here. Everything will be ok."