28- The Spiral Begins

Mads: * yelling* “Jaden  this isn't cool anymore. You have to get up and show up. The label is going to drop you if you don't show up to another meeting.”

Before you can sneak back in you andMads  make eye contact.

Mads: “Can you help me hear don't you speak Jaden now?” 

You are stunned speechless

Mads: “Look, you don't have to like me. You don't even have to like him right now for that matter... But you and I both know you are the only person that has ever gotten through to him and I need your help”

Y/N: “Help with what what's wrong with him?”

Mads: “He hasn't shown up to the studio in days”

Before you can answer  Mads… Jaden’s  bedroom door swings open. 

J: “Jesus! Why are you banging on my damn door?”

Mads: “Tell me you're joking, Jaden!! You have missed meetings for three days straight

Mads: “Tell me you're joking, Jaden!! You have missed meetings for three days straight.”

J: “It's fine. I'll make a call or something. Tell them I have the flu, I don't know.”

Mads: “Jaden, Your manager was at the party; He saw your meltdown; He knows better.”

Y/N: “Jaden, please don't do this it's breaking my heart”

J: “Well that's what I'm good at huh?”

Y/N: *Voice cracks holding back tears*
“I'm... I'm sorry... I have to go.”  You run back to your room and lock the door and lay in bed crying for hours

Mads Pushes her way into the room and yanks the curtain open lighting the whole room.

J: “What the hell are you doing?”

Mads: “Enough! It's time to pull yourself together.”

J: “I don't need you to tell me that. I don't need you to tell me anything!”

Mads: “Too bad. You're going to hear from me today. Enough is enough. You have this beautiful talent in your throwing it all away. All because what? Some girl loves you and you're too messed up to handle it?”

J: “Don't you dare talk to me about her!”

Mads: “Or what? You don't scare me Jaden.  Give me your worst. We've been giving each other our worst for a year and it doesn't phase me anymore. You are so in love with that girl it physically hurts me to watch but if you throw it all away then what was the point of  hurting so damn bad to move on.  What was the point of throwing us away if not to give ourselves a chance to find a love that isn't so damn hateful.  Look me in the face right now and tell me you're not in love with her”

J: “You're right but it doesn't change that I'm screwed up. I can love her... I do love her but I don't know how to let someone love me back”

Jaden drops to the floor in tears, overwhelmed by admitting that and Mads  gently sits next to him and rubs his back.

Mads: “ Let's start with something you do know how to do. Let's go to the studio.”

*Driving to the studio*
“So I told the studio that you had a bad few days because of a family emergency and that's also why you were drinking so heavily because you were so stressed."

J: “Why are you helping me? I've been awful to you.”

Mads: “Jaden…  When you love someone that never goes away. You can choose to not be with them but you don't choose whether you stop loving them.”

J: “So you're not going to turn this into something you used to get me back?”

Mads: * laughs* “No in case you haven't noticed: You're kind of a mess and my life is finally going good and I don't know... I just don't feel like I need to make you love me anymore.”

J: “Fair enough… but like ouch”

Mads: “Besides. I think we both know it has never worked with us. There's just too much damage and we both just bring out the worst in each other and hold that damage against each other."