A death in the family

- This one is hella sad. I cried writing it.

-It also contains an OC of mine called Mia. She won't be in a lot if any. It just felt right to put her in here.

-The bold is the comm line.

A death in the family.

6 months it's been. 6 months since Jason Todd died after being beaten to death by the Joker. Dick and Mia had finally started going back to the cave. Things were finally going back to normal for the young vigilantes. They were currently sitting in the lounge room watching the T.V. Connor and M'gann were curled up together on one couch. Kaldur was sitting down on the arm chair. Artemis had taken refuge on the floor with some bean bags. Dick and Wally were cuddling each other on the other couch. And Mia. She was sitting between to two couples. Her knees up at her chest. They were watching an Anime Artemis had found when the screen changed.

Mia was the first to realise what it was showing. How could she not. It was her motorcycle panel. What was confusing her was why it was on the screen at the mountain.

"Robin to Sparrow. Robin to Sparrow over." A broken voice came through the motorbike comm.

"I'm here Jay-Jay. I'm here. I'm less than a mile out. What's the situation like." With that the Team looked at Mia. She was looking at the screen shocked. This was that day. Both Dick and Wally had recognized what this was. This was Jason's last transmission.

"S'not good M. The bastard left but... *Breathe* he locked all exits." The voice was raspy.

"Hold on Jay-Jay. I'm less than 30 seconds out. Hold on." Mia's voice was filled with worry. Tears had built in her eyes.

"Turn it off. Dickie turn it off." The real Mia asked her little Brother. She had begun to panic.

"I'm trying Mia. I'm trying." Dicks voice was rushed as he tried to turn the video off.

"There's a bomb Big Bird. I can't turn it off." 'Jay-Jay' voice was shallow.

"Get to the closest window. I'm 10 seconds out." Mia's voice was filled with panic as she ditched her bike. You could see here run up to the ware-house.

"Turn it off Dick. Turn it off." Mia was now full on panicking. She was listening to her dead little brothers final transmission.

"Your not going to make it Big Bird. I love you. I love all of you." Jason had started crying.

"No. I love you to but don't say that I'm going to get you out." You could see Mia's suit nearing the window. She threw a bird-a-rang.

"TURN IT OFF. TURN IT FUCKING OFF." The fifteen year old was in hysterics as she listened to the recording. Her team frozen. Dick wasn't doing to much better. Trying and failing to turn the screen off. Wally was hugging his best friend.

"I'M TRYING. I'M FUCKING TRYING." Dick responded. His tears were flowing freely down his face.

"Love you." Was the last word that came through the comm. The ware-house exploded. The camera was sent flying backwards as it was caught in the explosion. The look of a terrified Jason Todd was the last thing camera caught before everything went dead. The only sound in the mountain were the cries of two broken birds.

This prompted the team to go into protective mode. Artemis immediately hugged the broken girl. Said girl wrapped her arms around her friend. Still crying her eyes out. The speedster turned to his boyfriend and pulled him into a hug. Said bird broke completely. Something the speedster hadn't seen in a long time. The team pulled each other into a group hug. All of them crying for the fallen bird. They had cried themselves to sleep.

-Timeskip-

Thatis how Batman and Black Canary found them the next morning. The two brokenbirds surrounded by their friends. It brought a sad smile to the dark knightsnormally stoic face. A smile that hadn't been seen since the kidnapping. Allthe bats blamed themselves for the death. All for different reasons. None moreso than the young Mia Blake Grayson-Wayne.

-Did you like the part? Did you like my OC? Comment below if you did.

-Remember to put suggestions in the comments or DM me on Insta.