When you need to escape

-Hi. Just a quick warning before this one. There are mentions of Abuse, Cutting, Neglect, Bullying and overall depression.

-Severe Angst and Hurt. Also some Fluff and Comfort.

When you need to escape

Kaldur was the first in the mountain that day. It had been a rare one. He had spent the day with Queen Mera, Tula and Garth. They had spent the day training and working on their Aqua-kinesis. But it saddened him how close his two friends had gotten. They had so many inside jokes and it sort of left him in the dark. He had arrived about an hour before any of the team were supposed to finish school. So he went up to the mission room and starting filing reports.

Connor and M'gann were next. However instead of a happy go-lucky Martian and a stoic Super clone a very sad Martian and an equally worried Super clone stepped out of the Zeta-tubes. Connor was holding M'gann in his arms as she cried her eyes out. Apparently a few girls were jealous of her. Jealous of her good looks and popularity that is. Up until that day they had just verbally assaulted her. But today they had taken it one step to far. On top of that her English teacher hated her. Robin's use of word-play had gotten her in trouble a few times.

Artemis was next. Pressure from school was mounting. She was a B student but only because her mom forced her to. But only 2 weeks ago her mom had been kidnapped. Ollie of course knew and offered her a place to stay. She politely declined though. She just said that if SHE could have A little money for rent and food it would greatly be appreciated. Who kidnapped her though? Lawrence and fucking Jade. All because they missed her home-cooked food. They had tried to get her to join them but Artemis declined. She was happy with the team. They quickly became her only stress relievers.

Wally arrived shortly after Artemis. Now Wally didn't have a lot he could complain about. Sure school could be a little bit better. He was a solid B student. But had never had a lower grade than A+ in science. He had a loving boyfriend. And he had the team. Oh and he had Kid Flash. That was awesome. But home. Home was a little different. His Dad was a drunk and neglectful. His mom was just straight up Neglectful. His pride is what stopped him from getting help though. That and he was threatened that if he ever said anything his identity would be revealed. When he was about 13 he began cutting. Dick had found out and had confessed that he too did the same.

So they began working on it and soon started dating. Their relationship was one built on trust, safety and love. Every night they met each-other in the cave an would disappear for an hour. The Team still don't know why. But the boys do. They spend the hour looking over injuries, telling stories and cuddling.

Dick was the last to arrive in the cave that day. The stress of being Robin had been mounting lately. It's like all the major villains planned to be the biggest thorn in the side to Him and Batman. Except Ivy and Harley. The sirens had stuck true to their word and just chilled most of the time in Ivy's greenhouse. Bruce was also putting a lot of pressure on him. His expectations were just getting to high. On top of that school absolutely sucked. James Maroney and his gang constantly beat him up and called him all sorts of name. Miles Arezouchi and his lot all demanded home work from him. And if they didn't get an A. well then he was in trouble. On top of all that Mr Rodriguez hates him. He doesn't think a 13 year old should be in a class for 18 year olds. He took every chance to be little him. Honestly on Bab's and the Team were making him happy.

It was quiet a sight to see. In the Zeta-tube room the team was a mess on the floor. Connor was comforting a sad M'gann. Kaldur was trying to help a distraught Artemis. Artemis was trying to help a struggling Atlantian. The worse was Dick and Wally. Dick had stumbled out of the tubes bleeding and bruised. Wally not faring to much better. They were just a mess of tangled limbs. Each trying to comfort the other whilst they cried.

"Fuck this." A tear stained Wally stood up.

"What?" Kaldur questioned.

"I think we need a holiday. A break from everything. A tour around the world. A fuck you to the League." Wally said pulling Dick up carefully.

"Wally that ideas crazy." Artemis said standing up to.

"Is it. Is it really. Because from where I'm standing were six teens who are broken. Physically, Mentally and Emotionally. Hell were sitting on the floor in a mess of tears. I say we take a week of. Travel around the world. Disappear. Take a week to heal." Wally said more confidently.

"Wally that's crazy. What about school. What about our parents. Our Mentors. We can't just up and go." Artemis tried to reason.

"I must agree with Artemis on this my friend." Kaldur said taking Artemis' side.

"But you don't understand. My parents and school and shit are part of the problem. The only reason I haven't gone insane is this Team. Let's just take a break. It doesn't have to be long. Only a week or two. We leave the masks, capes and cowls behind. We get on a plane and go see some of the world we have sworn to protect. How about we pick a two place's each and we dedicate a day going there." Wally said. Trying to make sense of this idea. Dick, M'gann and Conner appeared to be actually considering this idea. Artemis and Kaldur looked at him as if he was crazy.

"I agree with Wally. Let's do this." M'gann said. A little colour coming back to her cheeks.

"If M'gann's in so am I." Conner said from his spot next to her.

"And how would we get money for this trip. It would cost thousands. And I for one know I barely have enough money for food." Artemis said trying to reason with him.

"I could help there." Dick said. He had been contemplating this idea. "This could actually be beneficial for us. Canary is always saying we need to bond as a team more. What better way then doing this." He finished.a"If we do this. We do this as a team. So I'm in." Kaldur said from his spot.

"So Arty. What do you say." Wally said offering a hand to her.

"Fuck it You're going to do it anyways." Artemis said giving in.

"Excellent. Lets begin planning." Wally rubbed his hands mischievously.

It took almost a week to get everything sorted. They had invited Roy along to play chaperone. He had agreed as long as he didn't have to be around 24/7. Artemis had discreetly began moving things she would need over to the cave. So had Dick and Wally. Dick had been slowly with-drawing cash from Bruce's team account. They had made a few roads 'un-road worthy' on one of their last missions. By the time he was done he had almost $100,000. On a separate untraceable card. Dick had also worked through disabling and removing all his trackers. The hardest part was keeping their operation under-wraps. Finally on the dawn of one crisp January morning they were all set. They had all slept at the Mountain the night before and were in the Zeta-tube room in civvies and all set to go. They all had two bags with them and a carry on.

They all had some sort of caffeinated drink with them. Whether it be Red bull (Roy), Coffee (Dick, Artemis and Kaldur), Caffeinated infused Hot Chocolate (Wally and M'gann) or just straight up Coffee and Red Bull mixed together (Connor). All because someone (Dick) had booked them a 7 am plane. So they had to be there at 5:30 the latest.

"Ready to go?" Dick asked. He got nods from all of them because they were too tired to speak.

"Get let's do this." With that they stepped through the Tubes. Of too Midway City Airport.

-Okay Two quick things. 

-Should i make this a mini-series?

-And if so. Comment the places they should go to. What country there in and who those places's are for. ie. The Caribbean Islands for Kaldur. Or Sea world and movie world in Australia for M'gann.

-Remember to voice your opinions and put requests in the comments.