16. (sittin' on) the dock of the bay

y/n dreaded this moment, but she had to go back to new york for some extra interviews with just herself.

she stayed in her apartment by herself, considering finn moved out and she wasn't very close with him anymore.

she arrived late that night and decided to turn in early. she had the whole next day to herself because her interviews didn't start until the next week.

she woke up surprisingly early the next morning and watched the sunrise. she figured out what she was going to do and got ready to go.

she drove hours and hours to visit the only place she could think of. the dock where her and finn had their first kiss.

when she got there, she parked on the side of the road considering she didn't have the cottage at that time.

she sat in the morning sun, taking in the little details she loved over a year ago. she knew she would still be sitting in the same place when the evening came.

she would watch as the families or the couples would go out on the lake in their paddle boats, or their canoes, or whatever they could find. and she would still be there when they would roll back to their own separate docs.

"i'm sittin' on the doc of the bay, watchin' the tide." she said to herself, baffled at how she could let herself some back here.

it looked like nothing was going to change for her. she got casted in that one roll and hasn't received any emails for another casting call. everything just seems to stay the same.

she guessed she would just remain the same.

she sat there, resting her bones. her feet hanging over the edge as they sat in the water.

this loneliness won't leave her alone. she thought she would've been used to it by now, but the feeling has never left.

she travelled so far, just to make this dock her home.

she's sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away, wasting time.

she sat on the dock all day. she could feel her skin burning but it didn't matter to her, she needed somewhere to waste her time and this was the only place she could think of.

she laid back and watched the clouds. she tried to find as many different shapes as possible but the clouds ended up going away by the time the sun started to set.

she sat up and watched the sun start to hide behind the trees when she heard a voice behind her.

"i thought i would find you here."

she could recognize that voice from anywhere,

it was finn.