9. then he kissed me

it had been a few days since the pair had shown up at the cottage. they tried to stray away from their phones since this was kind of like their time off.

the past couple days have consisted of reading, watching loads of movies together and just all around enjoying each other's company.

everyday so far had been sunny but that streak ended today. it's like the rain came out of no where. it was pouring rain out.

y/n had woken up early that day. she got out of bed and went and sat on the deck, under the part of the roof that didn't have any rain so she wouldn't get wet.

it was extremely calming to just watch the rain fall for once. she loved the way it smelled. the rain hitting the grass causing the scenery to smell even more like nature than it already did. she loved the sound of the rain hitting the leaves on all the trees.

it was still pretty early so y/n didn't really have anything to think about. she just sat there, enjoying the calmness of a rainy morning.

finn woke up about an hour after y/n woke up. he realized he was alone in the bed and frowned.

he went to go look for y/n and found her sitting outside, all by her lonesome.

"what are you doing out here by yourself?" finn asked softly.

"just chillin'," she responded. "you never realize how calming it is to watch the rain fall until you finally get to watch it."

"mind if i join you?" he asked.

"go ahead," she smiled.

the two sat there, enjoying each other's company. they took in this scenery, not knowing they were making memories until later on in life.

they didn't know yet that this was going to be a day they'll remember for the rest of their lives.

during the day, they didn't do much. their day involved a lot of reading, playing board games, playing card games and watching movies.

around 9:00pm, the sky cleared up and you could see all the stars.

y/n had the amazing idea to dress up all fancy and just dance together. she missed the premiere and now she could actually dance with finn instead of glaring at him all night and pretending to like him in front of press.

finn put on a classic black tuxedo, because you can't go wrong with that. y/n put on this beautiful dress. it was a black silk slip dress that went all the way down to her feet. it has spaghetti straps and it was backless.

they both walked out of the separate rooms they were changing in and laughed at each other. it was weird dressing up when there wasn't really anything to dress up for.

they put on some music and danced together. they had a lot of fun jumping around, singing and dancing together.

then, a slow song came on. it was maybe by the chantels.

"oh... i can change it if you-" y/n didn't even get to finish her sentence before finn interrupted her.

"no, i like it" he smiled at her. "would you like to dance?" he asked, sticking his hand out towards her.

"i might take a chance," she smirked and grabbed his hand.

the two slow danced together for what felt like forever. they swayed to the music together and enjoyed it.

near the end of the song, y/n looked up at finn and looked right in his eyes. he looked back into her eyes and smiled. then, he looked down to her lips quickly. she did the same to finn.

right when the song ended, finn took a chance and leaned in to kiss her. y/n saw what he was doing and pressed her lips against his.

maybe if i cry everyday, you'll come back to stay. ohhhh maybe.

they pulled away and made eye contact. y/n smiled as she felt the blood rush to her cheeks and she looked down.

they spent the rest of the night swinging and swaying to the sound of the music in the background.