12. my girl

it was another cloudy day in the city of new york. everyone on the streets carried around umbrellas or wore rain jackets as the sky above them was dark.

these clouds didn't ruin finn's mood though. he felt as though he had sunshine even on the cloudiest days.

you're probably asking yourself right now, 'what can make him feel this way?' well, the answer is, his girl.

we're talking about y/n. whenever finn was with her, he always felt happy. it was like she was the sun that was always there when he needed it the most.

this gloomy day didn't have much in store for the two. it wasn't going to rain but it was too cold outside to go shopping or on a picnic. they were stuck in y/n's hotel room all day.

finn has been staying over at her hotel every now and then. he slept there last night and was going to stay the day.

he quickly ran back to his room to get ready and grab a book. finn and y/n loved reading together. they each had separate books but it was having each other's company that they adored the most.

y/n read a lot more than finn. he had just started getting into reading when he started hanging out with the girl. y/n on the other hand has loved reading all her life.

so, most of the books finn read, y/n has already read them and recommended them to finn. every once in a while she would turn to him and ask questions. 'what part are you at?' 'do you like it so far?'

finn loved when y/n did that though. he always thought she was so cute.

•••

the next day was beautiful. there was absolutely no clouds in the sky, the sun shone down on the city so freely.

both finn and y/n were excited to go out and do something today.

they had decided to go for a walk. there's lots of nice scenery around where they are and they decided they needed to go see it.

they found a little park where there was no one around. it felt like it was their secret place.

"i've got so much honey, the bees envy me" finn thought. he could never put into words how much he loved this girl. he had a sweeter song than the birds in the trees surrounding them.

y/n was the only girl that could make him feel this way. "my girl," he whispered to himself.

"what was that?" y/n asked.

"oh it was nothing," finn chuckled.

the two spent the rest of the day like a couple of 14 year olds in the 60's. drinking soda's and finding new places they could call their hang out spots.