5. put your head on my shoulder

it was a week later and the pair were still in new york.

they had a couple interviews and stuff for press they needed to do for the release so that's why they were staying so long.

the duo always managed to make time for each other though. you want to know how? every night they would sit on y/n's balcony together and watch the sunset.

they had a long day today. they had 2 interviews, a photoshoot and on their ways from one thing to the next, they had to stop and say hi to all the fans.

they both couldn't wait to settle down and watch the sun go down.

y/n got back and showered. the shower helped her relax quite a bit. she threw on her robe and put her hair in a towel and waited for finn to show up.

finn quickly changed into something comfortable considering he's had to wear fancy clothes for the interviews and photoshoots all day.

he grabbed his key for his hotel room and headed down the hall to see y/n.

he knocked on the door she answered almost instantly.

"hey," she said. "come on in." she finished, opening the door wider so he could step in.

"i was gonna make some sleepy time tea so i can sleep well tonight for another busy day tomorrow. would you like some?" she offered.

"no thank you." he responded. he wasn't someone who really liked tea. he only drank it when he really needed to.

y/n quickly made some tea and the two went out on the balcony for another night together.

they both sat on chairs that were left there and watched the sky.

they both sat in silence the whole time. this was their one time to relax all day and they weren't going to have a conversation during it because that's what they've had to do all day.

they watched as the sky went from pastel pinks and purples to brighter oranges and pinks.

this was the one thing they looked forward to everyday. watching the sun go down behind all the buildings in the city that never sleeps was so calming for them.

when it started to go darker, and the sky went from pink to a dark blue, they would watch the sky as all the stars came out.

they would both silently wish on one, hoping for their dreams to come true.

once it was pitch black and the only light they had was originating from the buildings in front of them, they started to talk.

"so what did you wish for?" y/n asked finn.

"i can't tell you that or else it won't come true!" he laughed.

he realized she was shivering a bit so he pulled her in towards him. he had his arm wrapped around her and was rubbing his hand up and down her arm to try to warm her up.

she had no other option than to put her head on his shoulder.

you probably wouldn't believe it at the beginning of this love story, but the pair had actually become quite fond of each other.

she didn't hate him anymore and he didn't act like an asshole towards her.

"you know, this is my favourite part of the day," she whispered in his ear. "it's nice to spend time with someone at the end of a busy day but not having to talk to them is amazing." she finished.

"i really enjoy it too," he told her. he felt her shivering again and squeezed her oh so tight as though it was a side hug.

"put your lips next to mine, dear," finn started.

"what?" y/n questioned.

"won't you kiss me once" he finished.

"wolfhard, are you crazy?" she joked.

he chuckled and whistles a little tune while the two watched over the city.

she thought that finn was only joking when he told her about the kiss, but he really meant it.

he started to develop feelings for her over the past week and hoped they would fall in love. deep down, he felt like he knew they would fall in love. but he wouldn't tell anyone that unless it actually happened in which no one would believe him anyways.

y/n started to get really tired so they both agreed that it was time to turn in.

y/n gave him a quick peck on the cheek "goodnight," she said.

"goodnight." he responded.

she showed him out and went right to bed.

when finn laid in bed, he kept thinking about his feelings towards the girl.

people always told him that love's a game you just can't win. that always stuck with him and that's why he never had a girlfriend or wanted to fall in love, before he met y/n. but, if there's a way he'll find it someday and then that fool will rush in.

he's just waiting for the day she'll tell him that she loves him too.