10. be my baby

it was the next day and finn knew exactly what he had planned that day.

he was going to ask y/n to be his girlfriend. he was excited to finally have the chance to call her "my dear" or "my darling". he wasn't sure she would say yes but he knew he should still give it a try.

he waited all day to be able to do it. it was excruciating to hang out with y/n all day because he was restless to ask her but he had a specific time and place he wanted to do it.

it was almost time for the sunset and obviously they were going to watch it together, as they have been for the past couple weeks.

"we should watch the sunset at the dock tonight," finn suggested.

"oh my gosh that will be so pretty!" y/n squealed.

they packed a picnic basket with a bunch of snacks and a couple cans of their favourite drinks to bring and they both brought the book they were reading at the moment.

they wandered down to the dock just in time for the sunset.

they laid out the mat for the picnic and sat and watched the sun set.

the sunset was even more beautiful than normal tonight. the sky was stained a bright orange and all the clouds were the colour of pink cotton candy. the water was reflecting the sky beautifully, it looked almost the exact same! the sun bounced off the trees and gave them a golden look. it was like the whole world was shining.

they didn't watch it in silence though, oh no. finn had a very important question to ask y/n and he wanted to get it out now.

"y/n?"

"yes, finn?"

"uhm... okay so i'm just going to get it out now. it's ok if you say no though. i totally understand. i just don't want this to-" he started but y/n cut him off.

"just get it out already finn!"

"the night we met i knew i needed you so, and if i had the chance i'd never let you go," he saw y/n's eyes widen. "we'll make 'em turn their heads every place we go. so won't you please, be my baby?" he managed to choke out.

"oh wow," y/n said shocked. "yes!" she exclaimed. "yes, i'll be your baby finn! i'll be your darling," she beamed.

the colours in the sunset had gotten even brighter (if that was even possible) and it looked so beautiful.

the two leaned in for a kiss while the sun set behind them. this kiss was passionate and they both enjoyed it. they couldn't believe they were dating after months of hating each other.

it sounds kind of ironic, doesn't it.

they packed everything up and tried to get back to the cottage before it got dark. luckily, they got there right before the last bit of light from the sun disappeared.

they put the rest of the stuff that was left in their basket away and went outside to watch the stars.

they laid out a blanket in the field and laid on it. y/n facing one day and finn facing the other.

"i'll make you happy, baby, just wait and see," y/n whispered to finn. "for every kiss you give me, i'll give you three!" she giggled.

"since the day i saw you, i have been waiting for you," finn confessed. "you know, i will adore you 'til eternity." finn mentioned.

y/n chuckled in response and they both turned their gaze back to the stars.

"i love you, my dear" finn confessed.

"i love you too, my darling"