3. it's only make believe

it was the day after the premiere and finn was just waking up from last nights slumber.

finn laid in his bed and just thought about the girl he cared for, for quite a while.

he checked his phone but decided to stay off of it because of all the articles about him and y/n and all the fans commenting about it.

he totally forgot jaeden slept over last night. he rolled over on his side and saw jaeden on his phone, on an air mattress.

"good morning finn" he heard jaeden say.

"morning" finn responded all groggy. "how long have i been out for?" he continued.

"quite a while," jaeden responded. "i decided to let you wake up yourself instead of wake you up myself. i understand how tiring premieres can be." he finished.

"yeah, thanks man"

the two got up and made breakfast. it was only a bowl of cereal each, but they still enjoyed it.

"so i saw you lost in thought this morning," jaeden started "what were you thinking about?" he questioned.

he knew that finn was thinking about y/n, he could see it in his eyes. he just wanted to see if he wanted to talk about it or not. finn tends to not bring up topics himself, he only talks about things when he's asked about it.

"uh- i was actually thinking about... y/n" finn stated.

"do you wanna talk about it?" jaeden asked.

"i actually do." finn said.

jaeden stayed quiet, signalling for finn to continue.

"well, people see us everywhere and they think she really cares for me, but it's really deceiving because i know it's only make believe."

"well how do you expect her to care for you when you act like a total douche towards her." jaeden asked finn.

"i don't know but my only prayer is that someday she'll care. i know i've pretty much already blew it so it's going to be a challenge to get her to trust me. but even if my thoughts and my dreams come true, i know it would only be make believe and i would wake up right before the good part." finn continued.

"but no one will ever know how much i love her so because i know it would all just be make believe.  i don't want people knowing unless we end up getting together." finn finished.

"well, maybe she does still like you deep down. i mean, you know she was a fan before you two worked together so she has to still have some of those emotions towards you somewhere. i can go talk to her if you want! she doesn't mind me and i know where her hotel room is so i can go find her." jaeden offered to help a bit.

"sure, go talk to her. but just remember, it's only make believe. that's all it will ever be." finn responded and off jaceden went to go see y/n.

y/n's room was only a couple rooms down from finn's. she tried to get one further but it wasn't possible because these were the only rooms they had to stay in for the premiere.

y/n was sitting at the counter with a cup of tea in front of her. she had just woken up not too long ago and needed a nice cup of tea to start off her morning.

she heard a knock at the door which totally caught her off guard because she wasn't expecting anyone at the moment. she walked over to the door and looked through the peephole to see jaeden.

she opened the door and invited him in.

"why are you here so early in the morning?" she complained.

"y/n, it's 1:00pm. it's not early..." jaeden trailed off. "anyways, how are you doing" jaeden continued.

"peachy keen, jelly bean" she responded sarcastically. she was obviously really tired and wanted to spend the rest of her day in bed but now jaeden was here, interrupting her plans.

"alright... i came here to talk to you about finn," jaeden started. he was about to get cut off by y/n when he spoke before her, "now, before you say anything, i'm here with good intentions. you might learn something new."

y/n just sighed, knowing she won't be able to get out of this.

"i know you hate him and all but here's something you didn't know, he's actually a really good guy and he has good intentions! he just has a weird way of showing it" jaeden said.

"you're telling me" y/n mumbled.

"so, i'm gonna tell you something now, and it's going to be a shock to you. so prepare yourself." jaeden began to say. "finn actually likes you and wants to be your friend. but, as i said before, he has a weird way of showing it. he feels terrible for being an asshole towards you." jaeden finished.

"frankly my dear, i don't give a damn" y/n responded. she didn't care about finn anymore. maybe deep down she did, but she would really have to dig down deep to find those old feelings.

"y/n- look, i need you to cooperate here. can you please just give him a chance? like, maybe you guys can go out in the city tomorrow and go shopping or something. that could be fun!" jaeden tried to convince her.

"look, jae, you know how i feel towards him. i'm not going out with him. he just always gets on my last nerve and i don't want to go through that in public." y/n said. "sorry, womp womp" she said shrugging.

"alright, well, i'll be going back to finn's now. have a good rest of your day" jaeden said, walking to the door.

"bye jae" she responded, locking the door once it was shut and he was gone.

the rest of the day, she went through with her original plans and laid in bed all day.

finn on the other hand, was upset the rest of the day because he couldn't manage to make it up to y/n

...yet