15. i get along without you very well (except some days)

it had been about a year since y/n found out finn was dating someone else. she couldn't care less. she was glad he was happy and she wished them well.

y/n got along without finn very well. of course she did, why wouldn't she. there were some days, however, when she would think back to their memories.

she sat on her bed, watching out the window, with a movie playing softly in the background. she watched as the fell and dropped from the leaves then she recalled a memory.

y/n and finn were laying on the couch in their apartment with the blinds open, so they could watch the rain fall.

y/n was wrapped in finn's arms as they watched a movie together. she felt thrilled being sheltered in his arms like that.

that's one of the feelings she will never forget.

but she gets along without him very well.

she sighed and fell asleep and slept the whole night through. the next day she decided she wanted to go out.

she did her makeup and headed out the door for the day. she was still in new jersey and she was still finding her way around town.

she met up with sadie and they walked around, talking about anything and everything.

she had forgotten him, as she should've, of course she has. there were just certain times when she would hear his name, or someone that laughs the same, when she would think back.

she saw a group of kids, around their age, laughing and having fun together. she over heard one laugh, and she could've sworn finn was over there with them, but he wasn't.

but she's forgotten him, just like she should.

she spent the rest of the day with sadie, doing whatever they saw that they could do.

later that night, she sat a blanket down in her backyard and laid on it to watch the stars. she saw one and wished on one, something she would regret wishing in the future but it was something she only thought of in the moment.

'what a girl, what a fool i am' she thought. 'to think my breaking heart could kid the moon. what's in store, should i fall once more?'

she thought for a second before she responded to herself, "no, it's best that i stick to my tune."

the poor girl ended up falling asleep under the stars, thinking back to when she thought she had everything she ever needed.

she got along without him very well, of course she did. except perhaps in spring, but we should never think of spring, for that would surely break all of our hearts in two.

i think it was safe to say that she got along without him very well, except some days.