sixty

Harry and Weasley's heads popped up from behind the sofa to see Kemper's compromising position. Granger was still sprawled out on the floor, wheezing shallow breaths.

"Drop your wands," Bellatrix whispered. "Drop them, or we'll see exactly how filthy her blood is!"

Harry looked murderous and froze in his spot. Weasley straightened up and looked from me to Bellatrix, still holding her wand.

"I said, drop them!" she screeched, pressing the blade into Kemper's throat: I saw beads of blood appear there.

"All right!" Harry shouted, and dropped Bellatrix's wand onto the floor at his feet. Weasley did the same with his stolen wand. The both of them raised their hands to shoulder height.

"Good!" she leered. "Adelaide, pick them up! The Dark Lord is coming, Harry Potter, your death approach!"

Quickly, I made my way to the two wands and pick them up, making sure to not look up at Harry. There was another wand on the floor: A white one that looked like mine, but longer with weird markings on them.

"Now," said Bellatrix softly, as I hurried back to her, shoving the wands in Draco's hands, "Cissy, I think we ought to tie these little heroes up again, while Greyback and Scabior takes care of Miss Mudbloods. I am sure the Dark Lord will not begrudge you the girls, after what you have done tonight."

At the last word, there was a peculiar grinding noise from above. All of us looked upward in time to see the crystal chandelier tremble; then, with a creak and an ominous jingling, it began to fall. Bellatrix was directly beneath it; dropping Kemper, she threw herself aside with a scream. Just as Draco ran over to shield me from the glittering shards of crystals, I saw Weasley drag Granger and Kemper out from the falling light fixture. The chandelier crashed to the floor in an explosion of crystal and chains. They flew in all directions: Draco doubled over, trying not to scream in pain as he was littered in small cuts as I stayed unharmed. He protected me and in return hurt himself.

"Drac —" but I was cut off by someone running at us. Harry had taken the chance and took the two wands, Draco's wand, and white wand out of Draco's grip and Stupefied the werewolf.

As Narcissa dragged Draco and me out of the way of further harm, Bellatrix sprang to her feet and shouted, "You dirty little monkey! You could have killed me!"

The three of us stopped and wheeled around towards Bellatrix. Standing on top of the chandelier was none other than Dobby, our former house-elf, looking fearless and defiant.

"Dobby meant only to maim or seriously injure, not kill," he said.

Bellatrix looked more murderous than she usually did and narrowed her eyes at Narcissa, "For Merlin's sake, Cissy, you've got a wand! Use it!"

But Narcissa was more focused on Draco's shallow cuts than pointing her wand at Dobby. A lot of good that did as Dobby waved his little fist and her wand flew from her hand.

"How dare you take a witch's wand. How dare you defy your masters," seethed Bellatrix.

Dobby stood up a little straighter and seemed slightly angry as he said, "Dobby has no master! Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

His eyes looked over to me and I gave him a slight shake of my head, he was not to save me. I was on the wrong side, but he could not do it for I would die. At this, Harry tossed Weasley a wand, pushed Kemper her wand, grabbed a weird beaded bag, and walked up to Dobby.

With a mischievous smirk, Harry gave a mocking bow around the room and said, "Give Voldemort our regards."

Bellatrix growled and threw her silver dagger into the Apparation swirl. It disappeared with them.