ten

After Defense Against the Dark Arts class, Harry had gotten a lovely singing dwarf for Valentine's.

"I've got a musical message to deliver to 'Arry Potter in person," the dwarf said, twanging his harp in a threatening sort of way.

"Not here," Harry hissed, trying to escape.

"Stay still!" grunted the dwarf, grabbing hold of Harry's bag and pulling him back.

"Let me go!" Harry snarled, tugging.

With a loud ripping noise, his bag split in two. His books, wand, parchment, and quill spilled onto the floor and his ink bottle smashed over everything.

"Oh, Merlin," I squealed. And out of the kindness of my heart, I bent over and helped him pick up his fallen items.

"What's going on here?" Draco drawled from behind me. "Lady, did Potter spill your things?" His voice was angry and sounded as if he'd hex Harry on the spot if I said yes.

"No, I'm just—"

"What's all this commotion?" said another— Percy Weasley arrived.

Harry yanked a few items out of my hands and tried to make a run for it, but the dwarf seized him around the knees and brought him to crash on the floor— directly on top of me.

"Harry Potter!" I shouted as I cried to get the boy off of me.

"Right," the dwarf said, sitting on Harry's ankles, restraining either of us from getting up. "Here is your singing valentine:

His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,

His hair is as dark as a blackboard,

I wish he was mine,

He's really divine,

The hero who conquered the Dark Lord."

I couldn't laugh along with the rest of the dispursing crowd as two people laid on top of me.

"Someone get this boy off of me!" I shouted.

Someone grabbed me from under my arms and yanked me out from under Harry. Looking up, it was the Gryffindor Prefect.

"Off you go, off you go, the bell rang five minutes ago, off to class, now," he said, shooing some of the younger students away. "And you, Malfoy —"

Looking over, I saw Draco stoop and snatch up something. He showed Crabbe and Goyle was book, it looked like a diary.

"Draco, that's not yours," I warned.

"Lighten up, Lady," Draco laughed.

"Give that back," said Harry quietly.

"Wonder what Potter's written in this?" said Draco. A hush fell over the onlookers. The Weasley girl was staring from the diary to Harry, looking terrified.

"Hand it over, Malfoy," said Percy sternly.

"When I've had a look," said Draco, waving the diary tauntingly at Harry.

Percy said, "As a school prefect —" but I had lost my temper, from being trampled on and yanked up, I snatched the diary out of Draco's hands. But Harry had also lost his composure. He pulled out his wand and shouted, "Expelliarmus!" just as I grabbed it from Draco. The force of his spell, pushed me into Draco and the diary shot out of my hand into the air. Ron Weasley, grinning broadly, caught it.

"Harry!" said the Prefect Weasley loudly. "No magic in the corridors. I'll have to report this, you know!"

I glowered at him and as Weaslette passed us to enter into her classroom, I yelled spitefully after her, "I don't think Harry Potter liked your Valentine much!"