Chapter 16

All Characters and locations borrowed from Stephen King's "It" remain his property. I own only the characters I've created.

Helpful Notes:
"Speaking Aloud"
'Speaking Telepathically'
Subconscious Thoughts, not heard by others.

A/N: This story involves VERY mature and sometimes disturbing situations. If you have any triggers I suggest perhaps trying another story.

*~..Lamia Amorist..~*

..Chapter 16..

Sadie felt like she was drowning for a moment but quickly swam back up to the top of the pool. "Elle!" She cried as she broke the water's surface.

She looked around and realized she wasn't in Elle's pool at all. She froze as she took in her new surroundings. It looked like she was in a dark cave, lit only by a few scattered wooden torches plunged half hazardously into walls that were the color of mud and vomit combined, and smelt like such, the scent stinging the inside of her nose.

Sadie suddenly realized with horror she was now standing in a putrid, dirty pool that looked more like a soup made of rotten vegetation and partially liquified body parts. It was a filthy brick red color and was goopy in places, sticking to her skin in a sickening way.

Sadie shrieked and jumped out, huddling on the side of the filthy water's edge and sobbing in despair. Elle had tricked her. That was the only explanation. Her heart ached from the betrayal. Of course. It makes sense. Why would anyone ever truly love me? I'm such a fool.

"Well, aren't you just a precious little thing," came a soothing voice with a thick Latino accent from behind her.

She gasped in fright and hastily turned, landing on her rear. Stepping out of the shadows, she saw a caramel-skinned demon with neatly combed inky black hair, a goatee, and a perfectly trimmed thin line of hair that extended up to his temples, meeting with his hairline. His eyes were solid black as they watched her, his mouth curled in a slight smile. 

She scrambled away as she crawled to her feet and tried to make a break for it

She scrambled away as she crawled to her feet and tried to make a break for it. She saw an opening in the cave and sprinted into it despite it being completely pitch black inside. As she ran, she smacked right into a wall and fell down.

"Saaay-deeeee," the Demon called out in a sing-song way. "Come back, little Nephalem. You don't want to run from me," he warned, his deep, silky voice floating down the tunnel with a nefarious undertone.

She quickly stood up and hurried to her left, running her hand along the filthy wall to find her way out. Eventually she saw a light at the end of the tunnel. It wasn't very bright though. Perhaps it was night in hell? As she reached the end of the tunnel, she stopped dead in her tracks.

She wasn't outside. She was in a den. The ground was covered in rotting parts of bodies and bones. Scattered around the room were huddled, humanoid figures with moist, pasty white skin and they were feeding upon the body parts.