57.

Hero

"No," Jess laughs.

"Okay then," I reply, tickling her again
It
"But...I....want...it..to be a surprise," she says, catching her breath.

"Okay, fine," I smile, "but at least tell me the color" she raises an eyebrow. "I would at least like to look decent. I know you consider them to be your family" her eyes brighten as she smiles ear to ear.

"Blue"

"Come on, you got to give me a little more than that" I lean down lightly, kissing her "what shade?"

"Spoken like a true model, medium, but that's all you get," she smiles, and I lay beside her.

"I can work with that."

"Hero Beauguard Faulkner Fiennes Tiffin, what are you up to?"

"It's a surprise," I smile, almost mocking what she said just a few minutes ago. She looks over at the clock.

"Jess"

"Yeah," she looks back at me.

"Are you sure we're ok?" I roll onto my side. "Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I'm still here. I don't know. I guess I just expected you to cuss me out or something" I let out a light laugh.

She turns, so she's facing me " I wanted to, but like I told both you and Kristen, with everything that's going on this week. I need all the support I can get. I know how selfish that sounds, which is why I sort of understand why you did what you did."

"And why you said we're both selfish when it comes to each other" I finish her sentence for her, and she nods.

"And I might kinda love you just a little bit" she uses her fingers to show how much while smiling.

"That little, huh" I put my hand over my heart, pretending to be hurt.

"Yup," she laughs.

"I always knew I loved you more," she hits me playfully, and I lean in, kissing her.

"We're still not getting an apartment together while I'm in London though" she shakes her head as her alarm goes off.

"You mean flat," I joke, and she smiles

"No matter what you call it, it's still no."

"Oh, come on."

"No," she grabs her phone, turning her alarm off

"But don't you want privacy?"

"Are you forgetting that I live with someone already and that doors have locks" she lightly laughs

"Yeah, but why lock them when we don't have to? And why be quiet when we don't have to?" I smirk, making her blush

"Nice try. We need to get ready."

****

I stand at the window across Jess's bed, looking down at the small black box I'm holding.

"She's coming," Kristen says quickly. Walking in, I take a deep breath trying to stop my hands from shaking. "Don't pass out London," she says, pointing her phone in my direction

"Ha ha"