4.

Jessica

We get our food and have a general conversation. Kristen doesn't say much because she's too busy texting Stella.

"I still can't believe you play video games, let alone Assassin's Creed and Mortal Kombat; that's awesome! We should play sometime," he says excitedly.

"That would be cool! You'd probably kick my ass, though," I laugh.

"I hate to break up this fun fest, but you know we have that thing in the morning; maybe we should be heading home," Kristen says, and then I remember I promised to go with Lindsay tomorrow.

"Oh yeah!"

Today has been pretty perfect, and it's ending; I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

"Jess?" Hero says.

"Oh, sorry, what did you say?"

"Can I borrow your phone? I need to get an Uber back to the hotel since my friend didn't show up."

"Yeah, sure; wait, you don't have yours?" I ask while unlocking mine and then handing it to him. 

"I forgot it in my room."

A couple of minutes go by, and he hands it back.  "Thanks. Hopefully, I don't get a crazy fan," he laughs, rubbing the back of his neck.

"We can stay just to make sure," I offer, clearly trying to make up a reason to get more time with him.

"I don't wanna hold you guys back, and I'll be fine."

"Okay," I say, trying to hide the disappointment from my face as I pull away from the table.  "Can I at least get a hug?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah, of course," he smiles, then leans down and hugs me.

Hero

It's been two weeks, and she hasn't texted me. Why hasn't she? Why do I care?

Come on; you know why; who are you trying to fool?

I push the thought back, focusing on the main objective of the fact that she's a fan, and I always told myself I wouldn't get interested in a fan because I wouldn't be sure if it were because of me or my fame.

Don't be stupid. You already knew that it didn't stop you before. "shut up," I mumble to myself.

She seems different, though, like there's just something about her. I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Maybe it's the fact that-- "I said shut up" I groan

I'm used to girls being excited around me, which she was at first, but after talking to her, I don't know; I just felt comfortable.

Like I had known her all my life. That sounds nuts, though, like that's something you hear in chick flicks, and honestly, the wheelchair is a concern that isn't a problem,  but what it encompasses, can I handle that?

Not to mention how the media would be on her. Wow, Tiffin, you're getting ahead of yourself; it's only been one conversation.

Not to mention what she would think of you if she found out..

"Hero!?...earth to Hero," I blink to see Jo waving her hand in front of my face; I didn't even hear her come in.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"They want you on set. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking," I say, getting up and running my hands through my hair.

"Who is she?"

"What are you talking about?"

Jo rolls her eyes. The perk of working with someone so closely: they pick up on your cues.

"I know that look," she stands in front of me.

"I just gave this girl my number and nothing...it's no big deal," I shrug.

"Did you do that thing again?" I look at her, confused. "That dumb thing where you put your number in their phone hoping they'll find it? I remember when you did that to me, I almost slapped you," she says, laughing.

"No, I told her, didn't I?" I rub the back of my neck

"Knowing you, you didn't, which is madness, so no wonder you haven't heard anything. Just text her later. Problem solved; now let's go!" She says, pushing me towards the door.