16.

Thanks for reading. I can't believe it's at 230 reads already. I appreciate it.

Jessica

I woke up the following day to someone coming into my room.

"Wake up, princess," he says happily.

"Ugh, what are you doing here?" I put the pillow over my face.

"Oh hey, Alex, how are you? I missed you too," he says while sitting down and then moving the pillow from my face.

"Sorry I didn't have the best night. You normally call first. And stop calling me princess" I rub my eyes.

"I did. Your phone was off."

"What time is it?" I ask. 

"Two"

I wonder if Hero has tried to call? Even if he has, I'm not ready to talk to him. Even if it's his last full day before he returns, I can't believe I slept so late; why didn't Kristen wake me up? Then I remember she doesn't know that Hero didn't show up last night.

"Earth to Jessica," Alex says, waving his hand in front of my face; I blink, looking up at him. "You won't believe what I have to show you," he smiles. 

"Okay, can you get Kristen so I can change?" I ask, still trying to wake up and wrap my head around everything.

"She's not here, but I can help you. It's not like I haven't before," he says, hopeful that I'll let him.

"Did she leave a note?" I say, taking my pillow back.

"I didn't see one; she probably thought she'd be back before you woke up." He shrugs and then says, "come on, let's just go," as he pulls my covers off.

"Fine, but only because I don't know when she's coming back."

****

"Come on, let's go!" he says, running to the door and opening it.

"I'm coming, dude chill!"

"Kick that thing into overdrive!" he says impatiently.

I roll my eyes when I get to the door, then head outside.

"Nice! Is it yours?" I move closer, looking at the White Jaguar sitting in the driveway. I'm a little bit shocked. Alex doesn't seem like the Jaguar type.

"For the weekend. Want to go for a ride?" He shakes the car keys smiling. I look at the car, feeling uneasy.

"Come on; we can go for a ride, then we can come back for the van and go get dinner. Please?" He gives me a sad puppy dog look with his ocean-blue eyes.

"Shit, fine" he smiles so big it almost makes my mouth hurt just by looking at him.

He walks over, opens the door, and I position my chair so he can transfer me into the car. He puts my chair in the house, locks the door then gets in the car.

"You ready?" he asks, looking over at me and starting the car.

"Yes." He pulls out of the driveway and speeds up, making me laugh. "Dude, last time I checked, this is not the Fast And Furious!" I look over at him, and he looks like a kid in a candy store.

"Best weekend ever!!" He yells, taking another turn, and I laugh again at how happy and carefree he is.

It reminds me of how I feel whenever I'm with Hero. I look out the window, wondering what he's doing and if he's even thinking about me.

Alex does one more lap and then heads back. I leave Kristen a note, and Alex puts the Jaguar in the garage.

"So where do you want to go?" he asks, getting in the driver's seat, "wait, let me guess, Panera?" I smile.

"So, can you tell me any spoilers?" I ask him on the way there, "oh, come on; I won't tell anyone" he shrugs.

"You know I can't, Jess," he says, then smiles.

"So much for being your best friend. It gets me nowhere!" I pout as he pulls into the parking lot, laughing.

"It's not funny. I need to know if Jack is coming back. I miss him," I pout again.

"I'm right here," he smiles.

"Jack is better," I joke.

"Gee, thanks, Jess," he says, pretending to look hurt.

"You're welcome," I laugh. "How's Jared, Jensen, and Misha?" I ask as he opens the door.

"They're good. They told me to tell you hi," he answers as he puts down the ramp for me to get out.

"Is Jared still pranking you?"

"God, yes! I have to admit that I'm going to miss that" he pushes the ramp back up, closing the door and locking the car.

"Yeah, I still can't believe the show is ending," I say sadly.

"Yeah, I know how much the show means to you" he goes to hug me, and I pull back.

"Please don't."

I know if Alex hugs me, I'll cry not only because of the show ending but because of Hero, and I just can't right now.

"No crying, got it," he says, and we head towards the restaurant; I have to admit he knows me almost as well as Kristen does, and I have missed him.

We order our food, then sit down and wait. I turn on my phone in case Kristen is back and tries to call me, and as soon as I do, my notifications start popping up. Messages from Hero.

Hey, are you awake yet?

I'm sorry about last night
Call me, please.

I get that you're upset with me
but please call me

Jess, I'm sorry. Can you
please talk to me.

Jessica, I can't fix this if
you won't talk to me

I close out my messages and open ig instead. "Hey, Alex, smile!" He does, and I snap the picture putting it in my ig story, then hit the close friends button.

 "Hey, Alex, smile!" He does, and I snap the picture putting it in my ig story, then hit the close friends button