1.

Hero

Are you on your way yet?

Would you chill? I need to go to the bathroom

Well, hurry up. I'm on my way back in five minutes to get her, and I can only stall for so long, dude.

I sigh, looking up for a brief moment to ensure my path is still evident as I continue to type.

Are you sure this is going to work?

Yes, now stop wasting time! Move your ass

I roll my eyes as I turn into the opening of the restroom but not before hearing.

"It was a joke, mom chill," a female voice says

"I can't believe you! This is just uncalled for!" I hear the voice from the receiving end say before heading into the restroom. My phone dings again, which I choose to ignore.

Fucking chill already, geez! I know I said I wanted this.. No scratch that I need this, but do I?

Exiting the restroom, I hear what sounds like crying; It's light and muffled.

I look over in that direction, and I see a girl. She's about average height, with long blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail.

She has it moved, so it flows over the front of her right shoulder. Tears are running down her cheeks, and her hand is over her mouth. I'm guessing in an attempt to silence her weeping.

I feel my phone vibrate again as I pull it from my pocket. Three more messages, I roll my eyes yet again, turning it off.

She can wait a little longer..I hope  I sigh as I close the gap between us, making my way into the hallway.

I've never been good at comforting girls when they're like this. I'm always afraid I might say something stupid, even more so since this girl happens to be in a wheelchair. I don't want to make her even more uncomfortable. However, something tells me she needs a friend right now.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah....I'm...fine," she forces out, which she isn't.

"Are you sure?" I ask again.

"Look! I said I was..." She looks up at me, her eyes still filled with tears, but they are the most stunning shade of olive green I have ever seen.

She blinks a couple of times, wiping her cheeks as she realizes who she's talking to, and drops her phone.

"You're...You're..." is all she can seem to get out.

"Guilty as charged," I smile, and my reaction automatically makes her smile back. I have to admit her smile is pretty cute! She has dimples, like me, when she smiles.

"Omg, this is so embarrassing! I am so sorry," she says, covering her face, with her hands.

"No worries, we all have bad days," I say, picking her phone up. The movement makes it light up, and I see her lock screen. It's a picture of me with Diesel.

"Nice lock screen; that's one of my favorite shots too!" I say, continuing to smile. As I hand it to her, she blushes, says thanks, then pauses; it's clear she wants to ask me for a picture.

"Would you like a picture?" I ask her.

"Really?! Is it not too much? I'm sure you have places to be," she says.

"Not at all." I bend down, putting my arm around her shoulders. We both smile, and I snap the picture.

"Thank you so much, Hero," she says happily. "This turned my day around."

"You're welcome! Well, I better get back; I don't want a search party." I joke before adding, "it was nice meeting you..."

"Jessica," she replies.

"Jessica," I repeat.

I turn my phone back on as I push the door open while I reply

On my way, we need to talk.