78.

The other woman in the header above is Maria (Jess's mom). She won't be in the chapter physically, but she will be mentioned, so I thought you might need a refresher on her appearance.

Jessica

Is it okay if I come by
tomorrow afternoon?

I type, asking again for the second time. I glance up as I hit send, checking to see if Jo's Uber is in eyesight. I watch as the light grey word comes into view under what I just wrote.

Delivered.

I don't know what would bother me more, this or being left on read.

Forget it; I'll figure it out tomorrow.

I begin to tap the back of my phone nervously against my left palm. One more full day left, just one, and I still have so much to do—nothing too significant, but still enough to cause worry. My phone buzzes, but I'm slightly disappointed by who it is as I check it.

What time do you
leave again?

4 am grams

From what Hero tells me, it's a 13-hour flight at most if everything goes accordingly

Thirteen hours definitely not looking forward to that part, nope.

Nonetheless, Hero keeps saying he's got everything covered and made me promise not even to attempt to look at prices for tickets. I swear he's too nice sometimes.

Tell Hero I said good
luck with that 😂🙈

Why does everyone keep
saying that? I am not that
bad 🙄😒

Thanks for showing him
My baby pictures, by the way

You're welcome ❤️

Anyways just checking in while I'm on my break. Don't forget to let me know you got there safely, remember to behave yourself, and please be careful love you ❤️

Will do love you too

"OMG!! You changed your hair!?" I hear Jo's voice announce, along with the door closing from the car.

I look up, surprised at her statement, as I push my phone into my pocket, then it dawns on me. I forgot about the wig I was wearing for the shoot.

"It's a wig," I chuckle. "Evan needed me to stand in for him; he said my hair clashed with his black-and-white vision." I use air quotes while continuing to smile.

"Well, it looks great!" she replies, pulling me into a hug.

"Speak for yourself" I pull back, taking in her dark denim blue ripped jeans and a black cropped tank top with buttons down the middle. "I need this outfit!" I state as I follow beside her.

"I got it last week; we can see if they still have it. The top comes in, like, three other colors, I think."

"That works," I say, stopping as we reach the car.