46.

Jessica

"What are you even upset about? I ignored the call. What else do you want me to do?" I ask as we enter the elevator.

"What I want you won't do," annoyance fills his voice.

How did this get turned around on me? How can he be mad at me right now?

"Right, because you want me to stop being friends with him. It's not that easy. We have mutual friends" I look up at him.

"Then why don't you—"

"Hero, I swear if you tell me to go be with him," I close my eyes trying to keep my composure when I feel the elevator come to a standstill.

"Well, maybe if you would stop making fucking excuses for him and buying into his bullshit. I mean, god dammit, Jessica, who are you in a relationship with, me or him?"

"Are we really going to do this in an elevator, of all places?"

He disregards my question continuing, "This has him written all over it, and you know it, but you want to have your cake and eat it too. You want us to fight over you, don't you?"

I roll my eyes "you done?" I ask, looking up at him and making his eyes meet mine.

He's pissed, but I don't care if he doesn't care about my feelings at this moment. Why should I care about his?

"I'm not making fucking excuses for anyone! I'm just being honest with you about the situation. He's my best friend, and he has gotten me through some of the hardest times of my life! I'm not just going to forget about that."

"Oh, so now he's back to being your best friend?" he nods as he looks down at his feet. "That's funny, considering he throws everything you tell him back in your face! Whenever he doesn't get his way. I know more about you than he does, but I guess that doesn't count for shit!"

"Do you hear yourself right now?" I lightly laugh, shaking my head. "I have made my choice. I'm with you! Why are you being such a dick about this? I'm the one who had to see a picture of you with that bitch looking like your girlfriend. Maybe you should be with her since the picture doesn't bother you!"

"Choice?" his eyebrows raise, completely missing the whole point, making me pull at my hair.

"Hero, I swear if you don't let me out of this fucking elevator!" He reaches out, pulling the emergency stop button back out.

"I didn't realize you had to consider me as a choice. I never thought of you as one," he declares softly.

"Stop twisting my words! Why can't you see that all of this is Jenna" I groan

Hero snickers as the doors open, and he walks through them. I love him, but he is testing my patience right now. I'm trying my hardest not just say fuck this or fuck you and go back to Kristen's room.

"I do care about the picture. Why do you think I'm pissed? Don't you think if it were her idea, she'd post it sooner than later?"

"Why do you keep defending her?" I ask, my voice cracking as I push back my tears. "No, she'd wait till I was about to leave, knowing even if we got passed it, it'd fuck with me because we'd be apart."