Frozen Tombs

Yavin 4: 11 BBY
Rebel Base
Jess

    Jess paced across the courtyard, his hands clasped behind his back. Cassian was leaning against a wall behind him. As Jess made another pass, he reached out suddenly and grabbed his shoulders. "Jess, you're driving me crazy," Cass groaned. "They'll get here when they get here."

    "Senator Organa said they left Pantora last night. They should've been here a few hours after they left," Jess replied. He cast an anxious look to the skies.

    "Maybe Senator Chuchi called them back. Come on. You're not doing any good wandering around out here."

    "What do you think we should do, then?" Jess crossed his arms, fixing his gaze on the boy.

    "I don't know. Get out of Arwen's way for sure." He motioned beyond Jess where Arwen, Mal, and several other doctors were carrying crates of medical supplies into the base. "Mal and Arwen seem to get along," Cassian noted.

    "She was always pretty distant when we met her on Bracca. It's good for her," Jess replied. They moved to the side as the group marched past. A few minutes later, Arwen and Mal returned, with K-2SO in tow.

    "What are you two just standing around for?" Mal grunted.

    "He's being paranoid," Cassian said.

    "You get paranoid during every mission we have," K pointed out. Cassian glared at him, then shrugged sheepishly.

    "Ryn and Feylin aren't back yet?" Arwen asked, a frown crossing her face.

    Jess shook his head. "Senator Organa said he'd been told they left Pantora last night. They should've been here."

    "Ryn is resourceful and I'm sure Feylin is too. They'll be back sooner than later," Mal said.

    "And besides, there's work to be done. Come on." Arwen planted her hands on Jess's shoulders and steered him towards the medical facility. "If you've got nothing to do, you can stack crates for us."

    "Hey, why me?" Cassian called as Mal pushed him on behind them.

    "Guilty by association," Arwen shouted back. They ducked into a room filled to the brim with crates. Jess's eyes widened in disbelief. "You'll be busy for a while. Get to it," Arwen said with a laugh. Jess rolled his eyes but started moving crates. He heard the two women laugh from the hallway.

    Despite the work, he couldn't stop the misgivings flickering through his mind. Cassian stayed quiet and K worked beside him. Jess tried to shake his thoughts away, but just like his memories, they remained persistent.

Orto Plutonia: 11 BBY
"Survivor"
Ryn Alera

    Ryn slid down a wall and wrapped her arms around her legs. She shivered a bit and looked towards Feylin. She still hadn't woken up since they crashed. Ryn had repeatedly checked for her pulse and had Azie scan her. She was alive, at least.

    Azie rolled into the cockpit, whirring softly. "I couldn't...get the communicators...online," Ryn stammered through chattering teeth. "The generators?" Azie chirped, discouraged. "It's all right. I know...you tried." She turned towards the viewport. Only darkness waited inside the cave and she could hear snow scraping the rear of the ship.

    "Do you know where we are?" Ryn asked, forcing herself to stop shivering. Her kyber crystal grew even warmer, bringing some comfort. Breath hung in thin clouds over Feylin's lips. Azie whistled a reply, then situated himself to start scanning their surroundings again. How he could do it from within the ship, she didn't know, but she didn't bother to ask.