Obsidian Fortress

This artwork has nothing to do with the story, but it's cute and humorous so I put it here. The explanation is as follows: Axe is the king and he knows it. Veres and Rigger are over there being annoyed. (Rigger was the one who suggested getting crowns.) Jess is faintly amused and in the background, you can see Patch and Gizer's silhouettes pondering where they went wrong in life.

Outer Rim: 12 BBY
Medical Frigate
Feylin Ryles

Feylin entered the medical bay as some personnel left. Arwen was the only one in the room, besides the medical droids. She stared at some data being displayed from a bacta tank monitor. Feylin's gaze drifted to Ryn, inside the tank. She was wearing a makeshift swimsuit with breathing tubes stuck up her nose.

Feylin's breath caught at the sight of the burns down her back. "There'll be some scarring but we got her in the tank soon enough that the majority of the burns will heal," Arwen said, noticing her stare.

"Will she be all right?" Arwen hesitated a moment. Feylin wrapped her arms around herself, but met the medic's gaze. "Tell me."

"Right now, I don't know. There's a lot of internal damage too. She hit her head pretty bad. We'll be lucky if she doesn't have a form of amnesia."

"Have you told Jess?"

Arwen sighed and pursed her full lips. "No and I'm not going to. I'm not telling him anything until he gets back from his mission."

"That won't sit well with him."

"I know how to handle him, don't worry."

"Why won't you tell him?" Feylin glanced at Ryn again. Arwen headed towards a holotable across the room. Fey followed her.

"His mission is important. If I tell him how bad Ryn is, he'll be rushing back here without any further thought."

Feylin swallowed, trying to find a way to voice her fears. "What if she...dies?"

"I won't tell him until he gets back."

"He'd never forgive you."

"If it comes to it, I'll have to live with that." Arwen turned and wrapped an arm around Feylin's shoulder. "Look, Honey. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions that will benefit more people in the long run. This is one of those times. I've heard about the informant that Jess is going after. I know things about them that others might not. I know they have a child who needs them and I know their work has greatly benefited the Rebellion."

"But Jess loves Ryn," Feylin protested.

"I know, and that's why I know he's not thinking clearly about the situation. I don't like to see either of them hurting but I'll do what I have to for the Rebellion. I joined to make a difference and I'm going to." Feylin sighed and nodded. "Come on. There's nothing more I can do here tonight. We have to let the bacta do its magic. You can stick with me for now."

Arwen smiled and squeezed her tightly, then ducked into the hallway. Feylin trailed after her, with one last glance at Ryn. "Where are we going?" She asked, falling in step with Arwen.

"To contact Admiral Raddus.. I want to know what all happened," Arwen replied.

Fey raised an eyebrow. "Do you think he'll tell you?"

"He's too scared not to," Arwen scoffed. "I've got the Admiral and the Lieutenant wrapped around my finger. No one can resist my charms."

Feylin smiled in spite of herself. "You certainly are...unique."