Silver Shores

Yavin 4: 12 BBY
Medical Center
Ryn Alera

    Another week had passed since General Dodonna's fleet had been rescued. Ryn sat on a bed in the medical center with a running transmission to Feylin beside her. "I'm expecting Gray Squadron to be in top shape when I get there," Ryn laughed as Feylin stopped talking.

    "I've done what I can. Admiral Raddus has been giving us tips and some of the senior pilots help out too," Feylin replied. "It's going pretty smooth."

    "What about the Oppressor? Surely you've lost them by now?"

    "We did manage to, actually. I don't know how they stayed on our trail for so long," Feylin shook her head. "Admiral Raddus said I'm cleared to leave, by the way. I'll be on my way shortly."

    "Good. I'll be glad to see you."

    "I'll be glad to have you back with the fleet," Feylin laughed.

    "I'll see you soon." Ryn switched the transmission off as Arwen entered the room. She passed a datapad into Ryn's hands.

    "You're all better," Arwen said with a grin. "There might be some lingering soreness, but beyond that and a few scars, the Empire didn't leave too much damage behind."

    "Thanks to your miracle hands," Ryn agreed.

    "Now, let's talk details." Arwen sat down, fixing a serious look on Ryn. "You're getting married tomorrow on Naboo, correct?" Ryn nodded. "Then...I have an early present for you." Arwen beamed and swept out of the room again. When she entered, she carried a beautiful featherlight gown on her arm.

    Ryn leaped to her feet as Arwen spread it on the bed. It was very simple and elegant. The neckline was a modest length with thin straps to slide over her shoulders. The skirt was a few layers of white thin and flowing material.

    "Where did you get this?" Ryn exclaimed.

    "I made it," Arwen replied. Ryn turned her stare onto the doctor. "What? I've been looking for an excuse to try my hand at sewing again," she shrugged.

    "It's beautiful!" Ryn threw her arms around Arwen. Arwen hugged her back briefly.

    "I would tell you to try it on but I don't want to see it on you until tomorrow." Arwen folded the dress gently. "I'll bring it with me when we meet up."

    Ryn nodded. "Everything is cleared up with the Senators and Admiral Raddus. We won't be missed. When we come back, we'll drop Cassian and K off here and then join the fleet. Feylin said she's on her way."

    Arwen did a small shimmy. "I think I'm more excited than you are."

    "Most likely," Ryn laughed.

    "I like watching my kids grow up. That's what you are. You're my kid, as well as my best friend." Arwen smiled, then raised her eyebrows. "You'd better get going. I've got pilots coming in to be checked over."

    "How will this base operate without you?"

    "At half the rate they're operating now."

    Ryn laughed and left the building. Jess and Azie were on top of the Survivor, working on some parts of it. She sprinted over to the ship and pulled herself up. Jess tossed her some tools and she set to work.

    "What did Arwen say?" He asked.

    "I'm ready to get back in the action."

    "That's good to hear. What about Feylin?"