Forgotten Place

Florrum: 13 BBY
Ryke Altor's Outpost
Jess

"Han Solo?" Jess arched an eyebrow. "I've never heard of him."

"He caused Crimson Dawn the loss of a major investment and caused the death of their former leader," Ryke explained. "Qi'ra has struggled to find him."

"Why enlist help now?" Ryn asked.

"Word is, Solo is running with the Hutts now. If he continues to work for them, he could become a threat to Crimson Dawn. Qi'ra wants him gone before there's a chance of that happening." Ryke trailed a hand along Ryn's arm, watching her with a smirk.

Jess glanced at Ryn for a moment, as she glowered and pulled away. "Do you have any idea where he is?"

"Qi'ra has all the information you'll need to find him. You must go to Cantonica. Qi'ra had some business in Canto Bight to attend to, so you'll meet her there," Ryke explained. "Oh, and another thing, Qi'ra was very adamant that you two handle this."

"Why?" Ryn narrowed her eyes.

"My dealings align with hers quite often. She thinks that if you pull this off, you'll prove yourselves trustworthy. If you fail, we'll find out which of you is worth more money," the pirate grinned.

Jess felt his anger from earlier returning. Without replying, he turned and left the outpost. Ryn chased after him. "That blasted pirate has us on a fool's errand," he growled.

"Yeah, well, I'm not seeing an alternative. At least, not one you'll agree with." He flinched at the accusation in her tone. Ryn brushed past him and had the ship fired up when he boarded. In just a few minutes, they were on their way to Cantonica.

Jess grabbed a datapad and pulled up what information there was on the planet. He grimaced, reading the several articles. "Cantonica is a desert planet, home to massive casinos and fathier racetracks. It's a good place for big business people. There's Imperial activity there, though."

"What did you expect?" Ryn sighed. "What better place for the Empire to find shareholders and benefactors? Not to mention the people who bet on the races."

"Why do you think Qi'ra is there?"

"I would imagine she has associates who like to spend their time at the casino."

"Yeah." He began picking his brain for something to else to say. Ryn stood and left the cockpit before he had the chance. It had been a long day, that much was certain. He leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes, letting sleep claim him.

Cantonica: 13 BBY
"Broken Remnant"
Ryn Alera

    Jess was sound asleep when she returned to the cockpit. Ryn quietly sat down and prepared to drop out of hyperspace. Despite her frustration with him, she knew she'd have to leave it alone for now. Their job was an important one.

    Another thought struck her, suddenly. What if she makes us kill him? We can't do that. She shook the thought away and dropped out of lightspeed. The planet appeared below them. Ryn glanced towards the scanner and changed course as Qi'ra's red tracking dot appeared.

    She followed it down to the glistening city and landed on a platform next to Qi'ra's ship. Jess still hadn't woken. Ryn reached over, then paused. I'll just handle it myself, she thought. She stood and made her way off the ship before she could change her mind.

    Two protocol droids opened the doors as she approached. Music filled the casino, along with shouts and laughter. Ryn glanced around nervously, the golden light blinding. "Excuse me," someone tapped her shoulder.