Chapter 87: Ninja vs Lava

Jay, chained to a wall, is reading Clutch Powers' Boobytraps and How to Survive Them book "That Clutch Powers guy might have run off to save himself, stranding us here, but I have to admit: his book is pretty good!" He hears a rumble "It has a section for everything. Even, what to when all is lost. He recommends vocal exercises, like: ♪Brobrogoo-goo♪!  ♪Brobrogoo-goo♪!"

"How is saying a bunch of nonsense possibly going to help us?" Lloyd questions

"It says that it keeps you calm by relaxing your face" Jay keeps singing "♪Brobrogoo-goo♪! ♪Brobrogoo-goo♪! ♪Brobrogoo-goo♪! ♪Brobrogoo-goo♪!"

"Jay if you don't shut up I'm going to shove my foot up your ass" Aria's eyes glowed purple

Jay immediately stopped singing "Ok ok easy girl, no need to go all scary I'm stopping"

"Perhaps Clutch didn't abandon us. Perhaps he went to seek help" Zane suggested

 Aria growled "Sure! And maybe the evil snake queen we just accidentally released from an ancient tomb is headed for Ninjago City for some sightseeing!"

"I find that highly unlikely" Zane replies and Aria groans

"We need to update your sarcasm circuits, Zane. If we get out of here" Nya says

"We wouldn't even be hanging here if Jay hadn't opened that crypt!" Cole shouts

"Me?! Aria's the one that didn't warn us in time!" Jay shoutd

"How can you blame Aria?! Who opens a possibly cursed tomb without checking it out first?!" Lloyd argues

"So says the boy who opened every other snake tomb in Ninjago" Aria says

Lloyd sighs "Even when I'm defending her she has to tease me"

Jay grabs the chain and slightly pulls Lloyd downward "Opening a tomb is how you check it out!" He pulls the chain lower "And what about Kai, hmm?" Kai is still unconscious "He's the one who let Aspheera steal his power!"

Kai is flipped upside down by Jay.

"Hey! Watch it!" Nya shouts "be careful"

Jay smiles sheepishly 

"We just have to figure a way out of here. Any ideas?" Lloyd turns to Aria "Any?"

Aria lights a fire in her hand but it goes out "...excuse me" she tries again "what the fuck!?"

"Calm down" Lloyd says "their might be a reason"

"Great" Aria growls "My eyes are blue! My powers won't work! What the fuck else?!"

Jay gasps "Maybe there's something in Clutch's book! He's got a chapter entitled: Escaping from Close Calls" He starts reading the book. Torches in the room slowly start to burn out. The room turns pitch black for a moment "Aw, great! Now I can't even see!" An orange glow lights up the room "Oh. That's better!"

"Uh, Jay? Not better!" Nya points towards the lava.

The lava is starting to fill the room.

"...I fucken jinxed it" Aria groans

Jay starts panicking "Incoming lava! DON'T PANIC! Clutch has a whole chapter on rising lava. I just have to turn to that page. WAH!" The book falls into the lava "Gah! Oh, that book was our only hope!"

Lloyd turns around and stands on the wall, being held on by the chain "Everyone! We need to get out of this room" He tries breaking the chain "Follow my lead!"

The Ninja all stand on the wall and try breaking the chain, except for Aria and obviously the unconscious Kai. The chain finally comes loose. The Ninja are dangling from the wall, partially attached to the chain and near the lava. Nya tries pulling them up. She swings them, along with herself, onto a platform, they groan in pain.