Chapter 35 - No power on Earth

Comincia dall'inizio

"Don't think this gets you off the hook," said Dean.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Crowley made his exit, and Bobby and Dean sped away from the lab. When they got back to Bobby's, Dean carried Allegra up to her room whilst Bobby took care of Sam. The next hours, Dean spent sitting at either his brother's or his girlfriend's bedside, watching over them both as they were trapped inside their all too real nightmares.

***

Allegra woke up the next day with a screaming headache. Her mind was in absolute chaos. Castiel killed every angel that stood with Raphael in the dispute over Heaven. The ones who had been on his side were in hiding, afraid that he would turn on them any second. Only a clutch was brave enough to stay put. Besides praying, Allegra had no idea how to get in touch with any of them. If only the angels had spent a little less time hurting her and lying to her, they could've shown her how her angel powers actually worked.

Meanwhile, Castiel himself was nowhere to be found. Since he absorbed the souls from Purgatory, he became more than an angel. Faster, more powerful, and far more lethal than he had ever been. All moral sense and mercy were completely gone.

"Here, take this."

Dean came into her room carrying a glass of water and some aspirin.

"Bobby's fixing breakfast," he added.

Allegra sat up in bed, gratefully taking the aspirin and water from him. She doubted it would help much, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

"How's Sam?" she asked.

"Still out of it." Dean sighed as he sat next to the bed. "I don't know what the hell Cas did to him, but it messed him up real good. I'm just glad you're doing better now. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

He gazed into Allegra's eyes, smiling sadly. She reached for his hand and gave him a comforting pinch. They heard a truck pulling up in Bobby's salvage yard, and Dean got up to look out the window. Allegra managed to do the same, albeit with some strain.

"What the hell happened to Baby?" she asked, shocked as she saw Bobby unhooking the Impala from the trailer.

"Demons," answered Dean. "It's gonna take forever to get her back into shape."

"Well, the sooner you start, the sooner she's done."

"You don't mind?"

"No, of course not. I'll come down to help you in a little while. I wanna check on Sam first."

Dean turned around to face Allegra. 

"Don't use your powers," he said sternly. "Alley, I mean it. You're still weak from whatever those bastards did to you."

"I'm stronger than I look. And I need to help him. You didn't see what I saw, Dean. I think Castiel broke down the wall in Sam's head. His soul was... It felt like I was back in Hell."

Allegra looked at him intently, letting him know he wasn't going to win this round. She didn't care if this sparked up his jealousy again, she couldn't leave Sam to suffer.

"Okay, fine. But promise me you won't overdo it."

"Promise." Allegra made a cross with her finger just above her heart. "Now go down there and get started. I expect you to be halfway Grease Lightning by the time I'm there."

Dean chuckled at the Grease reference. Allegra knew he was more Rebel Without a Cause than T-Bird, but it was the first thing that popped into her muddled mind right now. At least she made him laugh. He really did have the most beautiful laugh.
She met his lips as he leaned in. It was probably only supposed to be a short kiss, but it was like they were only now realizing how long they'd been apart. Their lips, their entire bodies even, moved completely on their own. They pulled each other into a close embrace. Dean pressed Allegra against the wall with his body and felt her respond to him. As his hands trailed down to her hips, hers went up and in his hair. When their lips finally pulled away from each other, they were both trying to catch their breath. There were no words needed. Their eyes spoke what they wanted to say.