Chapter 12 - Hell hath no fury

Crowley brought Allegra to some sort of empty lab. She gripped her knife a bit firmer, fully prepared to fight her way out if she had to. But for some reason, she didn't believe Crowley dragged her to wherever the heck she was if he wanted to hurt her. He could've done so when they were alone in the park.

"You've been busy, love." Crowley leaned against the table. "You're making quite a name for yourself down there, and believe me, that's not easy to accomplish. Aside from me, you are the thing demons fear most right now. Can't help but wonder what Dean thinks about what you're doing. Oh, wait... "

Allegra didn't even give the demon the chance to smirk. She jumped on him like a cougar would its prey and quickly took the upper hand by grabbing him by the throat and holding her knife against his groin. Crowley raised his hands in surrender and gulped.

"Easy, love, easy. Let's not be rash. Whatever happened to that demure girl you used to be, huh?"

"She got tired of getting screwed with." Allegra hissed and pressed her dagger up. 

"Noted. Now, if you wouldn't mind pointing your little knife somewhere else? I am the only one who can give you the answers you so desperately want after all, and I have to say, I'm not feeling inclined to do so at this particular moment."

She glared at the demon but eventually stepped away.

"I don't like what I'm hearing, and my little knife will be the least of your worries."

Crowley straightened his back and tugged on his suit.

"The angels pulled a real number on you, didn't they? The lies, the secrets... Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned; that's always been one of my personal favorites."

Allegra scoffed.

"Like demons are so much better."

'We are in the sense that we don't lie amongst ourselves. Call it a sort of code, if you will. But that's not why we're here now, is it? We're here because you want to know what your connection is to Lucifer."

"And you just happen to know that?" questioned Allegra suspiciously.

"I do, love." Crowley's tone of voice became more serious. "Word traveled on why you were going after demons, so I did a little digging. And I have to say; even I was shocked at what I found."

He leaned in, carefully avoiding Allegra's dagger. 

"You were created for him."

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"What?"

"Well, not solely for him as I understand it. You were created for either Lucifer or Michael. To be their... how shall I put it delicately? 'Significant other' maybe?"

"You don't seriously expect me to buy that, do you?"

Crowley extended his hand, and all of a sudden, he was holding a papyrus scroll. He handed it over to Allegra.

"It's all in here. How's your ancient Aramaic? Nah, never mind, you translate it later, and I'll tell you the gist of it now. The scroll is a prophecy. It basically says that the Almighty will, at some point, create a mortal angel who will 'hold the torments of the land of the Nile.' Pretty obvious that's you, love. And this angel, being mortal and all, must ultimately decide to stand with either of two brothers described as 'one loyal and righteous' and 'one banished and fallen.' Fairly sure that's our two boys currently in the Cage. Now, all this must be done by the most sacred of unions; the one that goes 'till death do us part' at the end."

This had to be some sick joke. Crowley had to be messing with her. Keeping her distracted whilst his demons set a trap or something. But his dead-serious expression made Allegra realize it was anything but a joke.