Chapter 6 - Broken

Things were going from bad to worse very fast. Dean had hoped to enjoy Allegra's company more (while ignoring Sam's increased bitch behavior), but it wasn't meant to be. After meeting some prophet named Chuck, who apparently knew more of the whole impending Apocalypse but just wouldn't - or couldn't - say anything, the brothers discovered their father actually had another son named Adam. Allegra left after they met Adam, supposedly to find out everything she could about Lucifer's little bitch from Hell, Lilith, and the remainder of the Seals. Yet Dean knew that wasn't the real reason. And had he known what would have happened next, Dean wouldn't have let Allegra go.

Ghouls found Adam and his mother and used them to get to the Winchesters. Their brother was already dead. They managed to defeat the monsters and gave their half-brother a Hunter's funeral by burning his body.
Dean had hoped to catch a break after that roller-coaster, but it just kept on coming, one crazy loop after another. Like saving Castiel's vessel, Jimmy Novak, and his family from demons and getting Cas back in Jimmy - that was what Dean considered a 'slightly weirder but still pretty normal day.' Finding out Sam was hooked on demon blood was not.

With the help of his father's friend, Bobby Singer, Dean locked Sam in Bobby's panic room. His brother's screams reached the living room, where he and Bobby were trying to find a way to get him off the stuff. But his mentor had his own opinion on the whole mess.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you willingly signed up to be the angels' bitch?"

Dean sighed wearily. He expected Bobby wouldn't be happy with the deal he made with Castiel, giving his loyalty to the angels, but what else could he have done?

"I'm sorry, you prefer 'sucker'?" added Bobby at Dean's reaction. "After everything you said about them, now you trust them?"

"Come on, give me a little credit, Bobby! I've never trusted them less. I mean, they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan."

"Then why in the hell did you...?"

"Because what other option do I have?! It's either trusting the angels or let Sammy trust a demon!"

Bobby hummed in acknowledgment. 

"I see your point," he said.

Dean turned back to the door. He was really hoping Allegra would come in at any moment now. He needed her to do just that. He wanted her back. To see her. To talk to her. To... anything really. She would know what to do. Then he noticed something. Silence.

"You hear that?" he asked Bobby.

"Yeah, that's a little too much nothing."

They both hurried to the basement and opened the latch in the panic room door. Sam was on the floor, having some sort of seizure. Dean wanted to storm in to help his brother, but a little voice in his head stopped him.

"What if he's faking?"

"You really think he would?" Bobby sounded doubtful but hesitant nonetheless.

"I think he'd do anything."

Suddenly, Sam slammed against the wall like a ragdoll. Some invisible force kept him up.

"That ain't faking!" said Bobby.

They threw open the door, got to Sam, and managed to get him off the wall and onto the cot.

"We're gonna have to tie him down for his own safety." Bobby noticed Dean stood frozen "Dean? You with me? Dean! Hurry up before he has another fit!"

He snapped out of his trance and helped Bobby with keeping Sam down, while reaching out to the only he believed might be able to help.

"Allegra, if you can hear me, I really need you now more than ever. Please, Allegra!"