Chapter 56 - Date night

Okay, don't be nervous. There's absolutely no reason for you to freak out now. You're just going on a date... an actual date... with Dean Winchester... Son of bitch, what am I supposed to do?! And what the hell am I thinking wearing this?!

Allegra hurriedly slipped out of the tight-fitting red dress and threw it back in her closet. That dress was way too hot for a first date. Oh, but wait, maybe that's what she had to wear? Something sexy to keep the guy interested. She groaned and smacked herself.

You don't need to keep Dean interested; you already have him interested! Dammit, why is this so hard?

Her hand raked through the dresses again. She gave an exasperated sigh. Things were so much easier when out on the road. No closet meant a minimum of stuff, so she just had to wear this or that and final. But since moving back into her childhood home, Allegra was forced to expand her outfits a little. Mrs. Robinson took her shopping a couple of times. So had her childhood friend, Lorelai (she was the culprit for the red dress), and she might've gone a little overboard with things.

No... No... No... N-Huh... Where have you been hiding?

Allegra pulled out a deep purple long-sleeved A-line dress with a black waistline belt. It showed just enough shoulder, and the cleavage was accentuated with a sweetheart neckline. It would go perfectly with her green leather jacket.

Maybe with the gold chain and my hair pulled back a little with the gold clip... Looks like we have a winner. 

She sighed in relief and set to work. While she fixed her hair and make-up, she wondered if Dean was feeling nervous too. He probably wasn't freaking out about his outfit like she was. Hell, Dean was probably just going to wear jeans and a flannel shirt like he always did and still be the hottest guy in the room.
Allegra looked at herself in the mirror, scrunching her nose at her reflection. Not exactly what she had pictured but considering the last date she'd been on had been with Eric when she was 18, it was more than okay. She turned to Trixie, who was lying on the big double bed she moved down from the attic to the guest room the first week she got home (and thank God she had, 'cause there was no way she could have made it all the way up with Dean last night).

"What do you think?"

The dog barked and wagged her tail, and Allegra smiled at her approval. She took a deep breath and went up to the attic where Dean was getting ready. But to her surprise, the attic was empty. She went downstairs and walked through the living and dining room to the kitchen to peer out the window to see if he was in the backyard, but there was no one apart from a few birds.

That's strange. Where could he have gone?

At that moment, the doorbell rang. Allegra raised her brow and walked back through the house. She opened the door and was surprised to find Dean there. Did he actually go out to make this a proper date where the guy picked up the girl? When Allegra appeared on the threshold, his smile wavered, and he just stared at her with wide-open eyes.

"Too much?" asked Allegra. "It's too much, isn't it? Dammit, I knew it. I'll go change, just give me..."

Her words were cut short when Dean grabbed hold of her face and kissed her. Allegra was stunned at the sudden action of her boyfriend (still a little weird) and closed her fingers around his wrists. But as she registered what was happening, she didn't pry his hands off. She made sure they stayed exactly where they were until Dean lifted his mouth off of hers.

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

Allegra felt her cheeks turn red.

"You're not looking so bad yourself, Winchester."