Chapter 1 - Meeting Dean Winchester

Allegra was sitting on a bench across the road from the motel the Winchesters were staying at. She successfully followed them around since she helped the angel Castiel resurrect Dean. So far, they hadn't noticed her, which was a compliment to her skills, considering who they were.
The more she learned about Sam and Dean, the more she understood why the angels wanted Dean back. Since his brother's death, Sam had gone down a dark path, believing he had to do so in order to get his brother back and to stop the Apocalypse. But the ends don't always justify the means. What Sam did was more dangerous than he realized.
He left the motel a few hours ago, stalking away like a thief in the night. Allegra was tempted to follow him, but for some reason, something stopped her. She wasn't pulled towards the younger Winchester like she was to his brother. Maybe it was the lingering link she had with him since she touched his soul in Hell. The 40 years he spent there left a deep impression on the Hunter. And that was something the young woman understood better than anyone possibly could. 

Allegra pulled her scarf closer around her as she felt the late night (or early morning, since it was nearly 4 am) breeze. Fatigue was getting the better of her. She hadn't really had a good night's sleep since she committed herself to follow the Winchesters around. But she'd eaten a few more decent meals than she normally would have, eating either in the same diners they did or across the street from them.
She still had a fair amount of money left from her last job waiting tables, where the regulars really took a liking to her, giving her very generous tips. The owners had been sad to see her leave, but Allegra told them that she would come by again to help out.

Thinking back at that sweet elderly couple, she wondered if perhaps her own grandparents were like that too. But she didn't allow herself to ponder too much about her family.
She'd never known any of them. Not even her mother. It had always been just her and her dad. But one day, he was just gone. A note and a gold medallion were all she had left of him. She could have thrown the note away since she had every word, every letter, memorized to heart, but she just couldn't. Those were her father's last words to her. 
Even if he was a complete bastard for leaving her - on the day of her 13th birthday, no less - she couldn't fully hate him. He was the one who taught her everything she knew. If she'd been raised like any other ordinary girl, then she very much doubted she could've survived this long.

A tingling sensation on her right shoulder shook Allegra out of her thoughts. Next to her on the bench sat the angel Castiel. He left a faint handprint where he held Allegra with his grace at Dean's grave, so now she felt whenever he was near. She often wondered if Dean had a similar mark on him.

"You've been following them," stated Castiel, his head tilted slightly towards her.

"No one told me I couldn't." Allegra shrugged and kept her eyes on the motel across the street. "I just need to make sure he's okay, that's all."

"Why do you care? Dean is a stranger to you."

"Was there something important you wanted to tell me, or do you just wanna keep asking me useless questions?"

Castiel shifted a bit at her sharp tongue but didn't react to it. Allegra knew she probably shouldn't talk like that to an angel of the Lord, but she didn't care. It had been abnormally quiet. She didn't see or hear the angels in her dreams anymore, nor had she gotten any new directives from them on where to go next, so as far as she was concerned, she was free to do as she pleased.

"Dean will need help in what is to come," said Castiel suddenly. "We want you to go to him. Earn his trust and stay close."

That took Allegra by surprise.

"What the hell do you think I can possibly do to help him?"

"You'll think of something, I'm sure. From one lost soul to another."