Episode XII: Nephalem

Warning, this chapter contains serious subject matter that should not be taken lightly

"We have confirmed Mauthaczar is dead sir. The princess and her body guard executed him. We're trying to reach an agreement with Lord Zeus but he is hard to deal with."

"Irrelevant. Need I remind you what happens if you fail me? Do not concern yourself with the attitudes of those who refuse to cooperate. He will come around. But remember, he is a puppet. As are you, Zozo. Do as I instruct."

-

"M'Lord you seem troubled, is something the matter?" A woman asked Beleth as he sat on his throne, surrounded by dozens of demon women, begging for his attention, and sexual fulfillment. The girl caressed the massive man's face as she sat on his lap with a sultry look. 

"Unfortunetly we have lost a key ally in Mauthaczar. He was tragically killed by the whore princess and her new plaything." The girl kissed his face, grinding against him. 

"M'Lord, if it helps, one loss does not topple the greatest tower. Mauthaczar was weak. And the weak must be weeded out. If death is the answer than so be it."

"These things...these..Nephalem trample on my realm, a realm I have brought prosperity and structure to." He said as he watched two members of his harem love each other up, much to his amusement. 

"All they do is ruin the natural order. But no matter. I am one step ahead of them. I have absolute power. Lucifer, like all his allies will die by my hand."

"That Nephalem bitch reeks of betrayal Lord Beleth." One girl said.

"I will rip open her chest with my bare hands, and rip the spine out of her little friend. I have you in my sights, Phoenix Lucifer. Now it is just a matter of time..."

-------------

"Mauthaczar is dead? Good. That's one thorn out of our side. It isn't a big hit to Beleth's forces but its a start." Dante said crossing his name off the whiteboard. Stepping back we each looked at the names that where left, people like ZoZo, Samuel and others. 

"What's our next move?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Well, that's where it gets difficult, we can't seem to go anywhere without spotters knowing where we are at all times. So if we want to get around town without attracting attention, we need to get around swiftly and quietly. The spotters act independently, so a leader is nonexistent for them. They act completely alone. Judging by intel I've picked up watching a group patrol, they move mostly during the day, as thats when everyone is out mostly. So, if we want to get around without them sniffing us out, I suggest we make our moves at night." Dante says.

"Wait, you said there are factions, why don't we start working our way to toppling them one by one?" I asked.

"That's a good idea. I like that. The most powerful faction is known as The Scythe. This faction is more or less tied into organized crime and underground activities. Clubs, fights, drug wars, you name it. They keep people afraid, and drugged out of their minds. I think that's a good place to start. Scythe is lead by a man named Gianni Venturni. Italian Mafia bigwig. And has recently gotten real cozy with gangs, and even the Yakuza. And is obviously a demon, playing the two sides like a fiddle. Trying to keep the Japanese Government and The Yakuza deadlocked in a giant turf war, this allows him to make a fortune off his drug sales, and illegal arms dealing. His influence is like a virus."

"Remember, as soon as we take him out, it's all or nothing. Everyone that's with Beleth will be coming after us. He already knows about Mauthaczar, I'm sure of it."

"I have an idea." Sophia chimes in. "Instead of having to deal with his group and scratch and claw to get to him, why don't we plan an assassination? Word on the street is he loves to go to Strip Clubs and once he walks in, he essentially runs the place. He'll be distracted, so, once we deal with the spotter problem, we can take him out quickly, quietly and be in and out. No unnecessary bloodshed."

"That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Alright, so it's settled. Track down Gianni, take down the spotters around the area, and quickly take him out. We'll be out before anyone even notices." Dante scribbled down the plan on the whiteboard. "I'll take care of the brunt of planning, the rest of you, get ready. I'll let you know when I've got a plan together." He added. 

--------------

We left Dante alone in the empty science room to plan while the rest of us went for Lunch. Phoenix, Sophia and I sat at the same table with a few younger male students. One of them, one with glasses and long hair looked terrified for a brief moment before scampering off in a blitz. I turned around wondering what could have scared the poor kid so badly. Low and behold a mammoth greeted me.

The school had a bully. Like every school there was a big shot who thought he was hot shit. Hit on girls, did drugs, you name it, this guy was about as cookie cutter as it gets. He was about six foot five and built like a Pittsburgh Steelers QB. His hair was brown and spikey with stubble on his chiseled face. He was known in the school for being a womanizer and an abuser. Yet somehow, some way, the girls loved him, his name was Jun Nakasumi. I turned around with an ear to ear, almost creepy smile. 

"How ya doin'?" I said with the smile. His face turned red with rage. Clearly this man had mental issues. He took me by the collar. That's when I noticed I wasn't too much shorter than he was.

"You gettin' smart with me fuckwit?! Whaddya doin' around these two bombshells hm? The fuck makes you think you're worth their time? Let alone anyone's time? Typical of American exchange students! Always sticking their diseased mits where they don't belong!! Go back to your own fucking country Yankee! The trailer park is waiting for you" 

Phoenix was shuddering in anger that someone would throw racist remarks at her bodyguard, and assault him. "Enough!!" She shouted slapping the mountain of a man. His face recoiled with a red slap mark. The big man took her by the wrist pulling her forward causing her to scream. And with a smack he delivered a strike of his own. She fell back, landing on the floor with a slam, blood dripping from her cheek and nose. 

It was at that moment something snapped. A burning hot feeling entered my chest. I chuckled nodding, turning around I took a few steps before turning back with a massive punch. He fell back a few feet, his nose bleeding almost imminently, and some blood on my hand. Students where looking at me with a petrified look. I could see in the window my face was sweaty and my pupils where glossed over like a raging psychopath seeing red. 

"This Yankee knows how to brawl boy." Jin took another swing at me. Ducking below it I twisted his arm the wrong way and kicked his inner leg out from under him. Delivering another solid punch to his face, I felt a crack as two teeth fell out and he was now spewing blood. 

"I'm not finished with you!!" I shouted, everything around me was irrelevant, I wanted to kill this man dead. One final uppercut and I am confident I broke his jaw, more blood splat on the floor as he fell to the ground completely out of it. I helped a hurt Phoenix up, she held her face which was still glowing red from the mighty slap she was given. Her cheek quickly started to swell, and a bruise made itself visible below her eye. Jesus that guy could hit. 

Sophia just looked in awe as Jin lied there in pain and bleeding. Some students struggling to help him up. Nobody said anything, nobody got a teacher or nothing. But I did get a stern talking to from the principal. Phoenix and Sophia pleaded my case and I was only suspended with a two day out of school. Jin was given a two week out of school suspension and was banned from the cafeteria area for the rest of his high school career.