Episode II: Demons & Highschools

April 15th, 2021

8:00AM JPT

Alex Webber

Class 3C

------------------------------------------------

I sat at my desk alone, as usual, just keeping to myself. Gazing out the window I counted the number of birds in the sky, one, two, three, four, five and so on. I wondered where they were going. Bet it was more interesting than here that's for damn sure. I had a shotgun start this morning, I guess I did get home kind of late last night. Didn't have time to brush or comb my hair, so to say it was a rat nest doesn't come close.

I took a deep sigh then proceeded to open my notebook as my mental clock was telling me the bell was about to ring. While everyone was chatting, I almost had an invisible force field around me, blocking people from coming close. Can't really blame them. I look like shit. That's when it happened.

The door opened and everyone stopped to look, as did I. She was tall and beautiful, her hair as long as the jet stream, the colour could be best described as pink so bright, it was almost white. As too where her eyelashes. Her face was pale, her lips pink and her eyes were a cold, otherworldly shade of blue. Almost like looking into the brightest star in the night sky. Her hair was tied into duel tails, and two strands hanging down from the ears that were braided. She wore a wool green vest, a dress shirt, red tie and a black skirt, knee-high striped socks and black dress shoes. She sat down at her desk as everyone was stunned by her beauty, I'll admit I was too. She was followed by two other students, one female the other male. The woman was significantly shorter, with long blonde hair tied in a french braid, she had emerald green eyes and wore the same uniform like the girl before. The man had curly red hair and brown eyes and wore a black polo with dark pants. I wondered why the new kids were dressed so fancily.

Suddenly that's when our teacher walked in, right as the new kids sat down. "Alright, class settle down." She said. The bell rang right as she walked in the door, and everyone scrambled to their seats. "Now, before we start today, I'd like to take a few minutes to introduce our newest students." She beckoned up the pink-haired girl first. She smiled brightly and walked up in front of the class, writing her name in English and then Japanese ' Phoenix Greenwood, フェニックスグリーンウッド She kept her smile and bowed.

She rose up opening her eyes to reveal the pale, almost supernatural blue. "Hello. It's nice to meet you all. My name is Ms. Phoenix, Marie Greenwood. I come from New Castle Upon Tyne England." The blonde came up writing her name in the same fashion.

'Charlotte Le Chasseur/ シャーロット・ザ・ハンター

"My name is Charlotte Le Chasseur I come from France. Greetings."

Then the male came up

Dante Greenwood/ダンテグリーンウッド

"I am Phoenix's older brother Dante, also from England."

He sounded very posh, almost jerkish. Something told me we weren't going to get along. I simply ignore the feelings, as honestly, I had much more important things to worry about than disliking someone. Although I did think Phoenix was very pretty. Almost breathtaking, she was one of those girls that you don't come across very often. However, when you do, it's a sight to behold. I wanted to talk to her, however, I wasn't quite sure how to approach her as she came across as very rich and the type that didn't have time for commoners like myself. As for Charlotte she also came across as wealthy yet sweet. I should talk to her later. As for Dante, I decided to avoid him, as the vibe I was getting just didn't seem friendly. Do you know what I mean? You don't know why you don't like the person, it's just something your gut tells you.

The one thing I did notice that caught my eye, was that each of them wore the same necklace, I couldn't get a close look without Phoenix or Charlotte thinking I'm gawking at their chests, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was a pentagram.

((bite-sized dictionary. AKA Google. pen·ta·gram

a five-pointed star that is formed by drawing a continuous line in five straight segments, often used as a mystic and magical symbol))

I wasn't a hundred percent sure, but I was confident it was a symbol of some kind. I decided to think nothing of it, and simply continue on. Our lesson today was an essay on Japanese relations with the world. I certainly was no pro at writing essays, but I was no slouch either. At the end of the class, we were to have a minimum of 400 words written for the combined 3000 at the end of the week, thankfully I cranked out 830 with ease. However, during the entire class, there was this lingering sulphur smell, it was metallic and kind of like rotten eggs, it gave me kind of a headache from the fumes, clearly, I wasn't the only one who could smell it, but nobody else was reacting. I walked up to the teacher and asked if I could be excused as I felt odd. Thankfully she understood. "It's probably the home economics room, it's alright, go ahead and take a walk." She said. Her name was Ms. Yamato, she was my favourite teacher because she was so kind to us.

I felt fine when I left the room, I took a drink and came back to class. When the bell rang, it was gym next, frankly my least favourite subject. I went to my locker and went to grab my shoes. What I saw terrified me. Inside was the severed head of the same blind man I gave money to.

"DOLLAR FOR THE BLIND!?"

It shouted as maggots and worms made their way out of the eyes, ears, nose and throat of the head. A goat's head was in another locker, and the students around me turned into demons. The sky went blood red and the clouds spun at a break-neck pace. The sun was nothing more than a black mass in the sky, and the building began to decay, blood spewed from the walls as screams of agony and pain filled my ears. Other lockers began to rust and curdle away into fleshy black blobs. There was what looked to be the body of a ghost struggling to escape the wall, he was glued to the wall with the same black sludge as the now gone lockers. He wailed and screamed like a banshee, begging to be free. The floor beneath me began to crack and decay away. I screamed and rubbed my eyes. It was gone. Just my shoes. Some students looked at me like I was crazy. I gave a glare back and they backed off.

I was admitted to the nurses' office and I told her everything.

"I'm telling you Ms. Namasaki! I saw a head in my locker and...some kind of hell on earth!! Like a Limbo!"

She looked at me in awe at the descriptions I gave her. "Maggots, a head, bleeding walls, a man stuck in said wall, and the sun being blacked out, sounds to me like you had a waking night terror. Perhaps you dozed off without realizing it and you had sleep paralysis, it's rare, especially standing straight up, I did talk to a few students and they said you fell over before this fit. I think what's best is that you are simply stressed out from school workload, and the thought of being the only one in a foreign land, that could explain why you saw something like hell, you felt alone and lost in a land you didn't know. It's going to be fine Alex. I suggest trying to relax and making some friends, perhaps that will help. I'll speak to your teacher."